2019 Recruiting: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm back from my Rugby trip to London and Cardiff. Like my Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game and Sugar Bowl, Ireland forgot to get off the bus and got beat by Wales. Oh well, what are you going to do. Field results by my boys did not spoil the absolutely stellar time I had on the trip. The Manor House in Wiltshire exceeded my expectations and all the food and beverages were tip-top. On Monday I got to shoot some Sporting Clays at the Bisley Shooting Grounds in Surrey. Boy Englishmen like fast high flying targets - OMG, talk about challenging. Nevertheless I acquitted myself well and had a marvelous time.

Hope you boys have been holding down the fort while I was gone. How's Spring Practice going thus far for Bama?
All Spring and Fall camp preparations are being conducted pointing towards UGA and Clemson.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit)

I'm back from my Rugby trip to London and Cardiff. Like my Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game and Sugar Bowl, Ireland forgot to get off the bus and got beat by Wales. Oh well, what are you going to do. Field results by my boys did not spoil the absolutely stellar time I had on the trip. The Manor House in Wiltshire exceeded my expectations and all the food and beverages were tip-top. On Monday I got to shoot some Sporting Clays at the Bisley Shooting Grounds in Surrey. Boy Englishmen like fast high flying targets - OMG, talk about challenging. Nevertheless I acquitted myself well and had a marvelous time.

Hope you boys have been holding down the fort while I was gone. How's Spring Practice going thus far for Bama?
Sorry DawgByte, but there is nothing better than watching Cymru beat up on Ireland, Scotland, and England at Cardiff Arms Park while the crowd sing Men of Harlech. Cymru am byth! (Translated means: Wales Forever!)

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Those in the know . . . can one assume that young Mr. Pickens got his grades in order? It seemed to be a big caveat in February.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

I was under the impression that he was a basically a "cosmetic" signing and that for him to play would be nothing short of a miracle?
Those in the know . . . can one assume that young Mr. Pickens got his grades in order? It seemed to be a big caveat in February.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

From what I'm hearing grades are in order. We'll see how it goes. He and Blaylock would make a dynamic duo on the outside.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Sorry DawgByte, but there is nothing better than watching Cymru beat up on Ireland, Scotland, and England at Cardiff Arms Park while the crowd sing Men of Harlech. Cymru am byth! (Translated means: Wales Forever!)
The singing was quite impressive indeed. We'll see how the boys in Scarlet fair during the World Cup later this year.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

His grades were JuCo...If he gets in that's magic...
As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
If this is true that his grades are in order, UGA’s academic standing has fallen somewhere between Southern Mississippi and Delta State. “Way to go Kirby our academic standing now sucks, but just imagine the dynamic duo on the outside!” Nice.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Nice...His grades were horrible. Call it what you want. I chose magic, it was the nicest option. :Joker_PDT_37: on TideFans.com
As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

There had long been talk that his grades were a problem. Was even mentioned as a reason Alabama backed off. Auburn fans were worried about him qualifying, too.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, if getting into uga is easier than getting into awbern, no wonder he flipped....

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I understand biases, but I have a bit of a problem with some of these posters almost gloating about how bad Pickens’ grades were. Is that what you saw and know, or is that what you heard, and how do you know the source you heard that from is certifiable and can be validated. Did any of you see his report cards, or know his teachers personally. Oh! You don’t? Than pipe down. UGA is getting a damn good receiver, nothing we can do about it other than get a better corner/safety.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I understand biases, but I have a bit of a problem with some of these posters almost gloating about how bad Pickens’ grades were. Is that what you saw and know, or is that what you heard, and how do you know the source you heard that from is certifiable and can be validated. Did any of you see his report cards, or know his teachers personally. Oh! You don’t? Than pipe down. UGA is getting a damn good receiver, nothing we can do about it other than get a better corner/safety.
Welp... Guess we can't discuss anything on here without first hand knowledge. No discussing a player's recruitment. No criticizing a playcall without knowing everyone's assignments.

Do you remember Nadab Joseph? UGA fans thought they stole a DB from Saban on NSD two years ago. Why didn't he sign with Alabama? Because his grades were crap. Where is he now? Independence, Kansas

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You seem to be a little sensitive over the way a rival board discusses a player having possible academic problems. We all know he is good but until he steps foot on campus his grades will be talked about.

For your reference, we discuss grade issues of our own commits/signees also until they either get on campus or go JUCO.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt,but when I first read this I thought I smelled cow manure....

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
If this is true that his grades are in order, UGA’s academic standing has fallen somewhere between Southern Mississippi and Delta State. “Way to go Kirby our academic standing now sucks, but just imagine the dynamic duo on the outside!” Nice.
Dang it man, so harsh....did a Fightin' Okra steal your girlfriend or something?

Signed,
Fightin' Okra

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I hear he is waiting for an offer from Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.