2019 Recruiting: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit)

I'm back from my Rugby trip to London and Cardiff. Like my Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game and Sugar Bowl, Ireland forgot to get off the bus and got beat by Wales. Oh well, what are you going to do. Field results by my boys did not spoil the absolutely stellar time I had on the trip. The Manor House in Wiltshire exceeded my expectations and all the food and beverages were tip-top. On Monday I got to shoot some Sporting Clays at the Bisley Shooting Grounds in Surrey. Boy Englishmen like fast high flying targets - OMG, talk about challenging. Nevertheless I acquitted myself well and had a marvelous time.

Hope you boys have been holding down the fort while I was gone. How's Spring Practice going thus far for Bama?

BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I'm back from my Rugby trip to London and Cardiff. Like my Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game and Sugar Bowl, Ireland forgot to get off the bus and got beat by Wales. Oh well, what are you going to do. Field results by my boys did not spoil the absolutely stellar time I had on the trip. The Manor House in Wiltshire exceeded my expectations and all the food and beverages were tip-top. On Monday I got to shoot some Sporting Clays at the Bisley Shooting Grounds in Surrey. Boy Englishmen like fast high flying targets - OMG, talk about challenging. Nevertheless I acquitted myself well and had a marvelous time.

Hope you boys have been holding down the fort while I was gone. How's Spring Practice going thus far for Bama?
    All Spring and Fall camp preparations are being conducted pointing towards UGA and Clemson.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Sorry DawgByte, but there is nothing better than watching Cymru beat up on Ireland, Scotland, and England at Cardiff Arms Park while the crowd sing Men of Harlech. Cymru am byth! (Translated means: Wales Forever!)
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Those in the know . . . can one assume that young Mr. Pickens got his grades in order? It seemed to be a big caveat in February.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    Those in the know . . . can one assume that young Mr. Pickens got his grades in order? It seemed to be a big caveat in February.
    TBD.

I was under the impression that he was a basically a "cosmetic" signing and that for him to play would be nothing short of a miracle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post

BamaNation First Team

From what I'm hearing grades are in order. We'll see how it goes. He and Blaylock would make a dynamic duo on the outside.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    Sorry DawgByte, but there is nothing better than watching Cymru beat up on Ireland, Scotland, and England at Cardiff Arms Park while the crowd sing Men of Harlech. Cymru am byth! (Translated means: Wales Forever!)
    The singing was quite impressive indeed. We'll see how the boys in Scarlet fair during the World Cup later this year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

The singing was quite impressive indeed. We'll see how the boys in Scarlet fair during the World Cup later this year.
    Looking fwd to it.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

His grades were JuCo...If he gets in that's magic...
    From what I'm hearing grades are in order. We'll see how it goes. He and Blaylock would make a dynamic duo on the outside.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    His grades were JuCo...If he gets in that's magic...
    As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.

BamaNation First Team

Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA

If this is true that his grades are in order, UGA’s academic standing has fallen somewhere between Southern Mississippi and Delta State. “Way to go Kirby our academic standing now sucks, but just imagine the dynamic duo on the outside!” Nice.

Nice...His grades were horrible. Call it what you want. I chose magic, it was the nicest option. on TideFans.com
    As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.