2019 Recruiting: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit)

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.
    There had long been talk that his grades were a problem. Was even mentioned as a reason Alabama backed off. Auburn fans were worried about him qualifying, too.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA

As far as I'm aware the Clearing House does not believe in magic. This topic was just brought up over on the DawgNation message board over the weekend and nobody is hearing any issues with Picken's grades.
    Well, if getting into uga is easier than getting into awbern, no wonder he flipped....

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

I understand biases, but I have a bit of a problem with some of these posters almost gloating about how bad Pickensí grades were. Is that what you saw and know, or is that what you heard, and how do you know the source you heard that from is certifiable and can be validated. Did any of you see his report cards, or know his teachers personally. Oh! You donít? Than pipe down. UGA is getting a damn good receiver, nothing we can do about it other than get a better corner/safety.

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    I understand biases, but I have a bit of a problem with some of these posters almost gloating about how bad Pickensí grades were. Is that what you saw and know, or is that what you heard, and how do you know the source you heard that from is certifiable and can be validated. Did any of you see his report cards, or know his teachers personally. Oh! You donít? Than pipe down. UGA is getting a damn good receiver, nothing we can do about it other than get a better corner/safety.
    Welp... Guess we can't discuss anything on here without first hand knowledge. No discussing a player's recruitment. No criticizing a playcall without knowing everyone's assignments.

Do you remember Nadab Joseph? UGA fans thought they stole a DB from Saban on NSD two years ago. Why didn't he sign with Alabama? Because his grades were crap. Where is he now? Independence, Kansas
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I understand biases, but I have a bit of a problem with some of these posters almost gloating about how bad Pickens’ grades were. Is that what you saw and know, or is that what you heard, and how do you know the source you heard that from is certifiable and can be validated. Did any of you see his report cards, or know his teachers personally. Oh! You don’t? Than pipe down. UGA is getting a damn good receiver, nothing we can do about it other than get a better corner/safety.
    You seem to be a little sensitive over the way a rival board discusses a player having possible academic problems. We all know he is good but until he steps foot on campus his grades will be talked about.

For your reference, we discuss grade issues of our own commits/signees also until they either get on campus or go JUCO.

I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt,but when I first read this I thought I smelled cow manure....

BamaNation First Team deltatider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    If this is true that his grades are in order, UGAís academic standing has fallen somewhere between Southern Mississippi and Delta State. ďWay to go Kirby our academic standing now sucks, but just imagine the dynamic duo on the outside!Ē Nice.
    Dang it man, so harsh....did a Fightin' Okra steal your girlfriend or something?

Signed,
    Fightin' Okra

BamaNation First Team

I hear he is waiting for an offer from Oxford.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    I hear he is waiting for an offer from Oxford.
    England...?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    England...?

LOL! That was the first thing I thought of too!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I here Cambridge still has a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

Just say an update post this morning on Pickens situation. Grades are good, all he has to do is finish his course work and he's in.

After watching our WR's struggle during the G-Day game, Pickens, Blaylock and Cager's services will be greatly appreciated.

BamaNation All-American

Just say an update post this morning on Pickens situation. Grades are good, all he has to do is finish his course work and he's in.
    ​This would be his O-Levels for Rugby School?