2019 Recruiting: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit) flips to UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: 2019 4* Hoover WR George Pickens (AU Commit)

Big guy, and instate. Maybe he'll switch over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

That would be great if we flip him. Similar build to Tyrell Shavers and we need another big WR.

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL

He has been committed to AU so long I really don't see him flipping. I hope I'm wrong because he could be a really good player for us.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

We're going to work hard to hang on to him. Considered a centerpiece of our class.
Interesting that we just finally offered him and he's your "centerpiece."

BTW, I'd expect y'all to fight to keep him, but for some reason Coach Bryant's question comes to mind after he called Auburn at 6:00 A.M. to find none of the coaches were in the football office: "Don't y'all take your football seriously?""

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Man, Pappoe. I had my doubts initially about the strength of his pledge, but the dude is recruiting for us hard. We're getting visits from UGA commits that weren't looking at us early on now.
Pappoe will have twist and turns. The barn recruits well in GA. Pickens will be extremely hard to hold onto if Bama pushes . Tons of Bama around him including his family.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

FWIW, over on ITAT there is a premium article about Pickens. Didn't have access to more than the teaser, but apparently he is open on his recruitment and it is far from over. Doesn't sound like a hard commit to Auburn at all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

FWIW, over on ITAT there is a premium article about Pickens. Didn't have access to more than the teaser, but apparently he is open on his recruitment and it is far from over. Doesn't sound like a hard commit to Auburn at all.
It's on BOL, too. He's going to take visits and appears to be open to other schools.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Man, Pappoe. I had my doubts initially about the strength of his pledge, but the dude is recruiting for us hard. We're getting visits from UGA commits that weren't looking at us early on now.
AUDub, I was reading the UGA board last night, seems their fans are very confident Pappoe will eventually flip to them in the end. he was actually on Georgia's campus over the weekend. he could very well stay committed to AU at the end of the day.
this tweet got them dawgs all excited as well:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

AUDub, I was reading the UGA board last night, seems their fans are very confident Pappoe will eventually flip to them in the end. he was actually on Georgia's campus over the weekend. he could very well stay committed to AU at the end of the day.
this tweet got them dawgs all excited as well:

The melt after his commitment was a sight to behold. They did not take it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.