Link: Jaw Punches, Red Bull Chugs & Helmet Snaps: What It's Like to Play for LSU's Orgeron

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
Re: Jaw Punches, Red Bull Chugs & Helmet Snaps: What It's Like to Play for LSU's Orge

This is really sad and embarrassing.

Alabama needs a strong SEC West, especially with a weak ooc schedule.
Even though LSU games were nail biters, they were great games and I want to continue to have that level of competition from LSU.

Just have to have more beer and wine in the fridge. :biggrin:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Re: Jaw Punches, Red Bull Chugs & Helmet Snaps: What It's Like to Play for LSU's Orge

Explain it to me why LSU felt the need to hire the countries' oldest frat boy as Head Coach?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

LSU football will never see the days of success they had under Saban / early Miles era again. Especially with aTm about to emerge in the West, LSU is going back to the cellar. They'll always have athletes (although the overall talent on the roster is not what it has been) but the incompetence of the administration and coaching will be the undoing. I almost hope they overachieve and win 9 games this year and give O an extension. That would seal their fate..
It is strange. The Cajun Admin hiring and firing and going all braindead with new hire ..... acting like, well ..... corndogs & such.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Lol yea. I just get tired of using blue font sometimes. Feels like it takes away from the sarcasm a little.
I think the blue font thing is played out. Most people use it now when they're trying to be a comedian. The vast majority of the time it was easy to detect sarcasm in someone's post and when it wasn't it was actually funny that someone thought the post was serious lol

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think the blue font thing is played out. Most people use it now when they're trying to be a comedian. The vast majority of the time it was easy to detect sarcasm in someone's post and when it wasn't it was actually funny that someone thought the post was serious lol
I agree that some people over-use it, but it has helped me a few times detect subtle sarcasm. Sarcasm is best when subtle, but often overlooked.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

"He's something else, that's for sure," said former LSU quarterback Danny Etling, a transfer who came from Purdue after growing up in Indiana. "There's almost a language barrier."

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
This comes to mind.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

"He's something else, that's for sure," said former LSU quarterback Danny Etling, a transfer who came from Purdue after growing up in Indiana. "There's almost a language barrier."

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
OR this:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/1454/vols-coaches-going-shirtless-to-woo-players

I remember these oldies but goodies about Coach Orgeron:

Defensive lineman Denzel McCoy of Atlanta told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that several of the Tennessee players, including All-American safety Eric Berry, got into the act and they were all jumping around and yelling, "UT Wild Boys," while some of the coaches banged on the doors.
Nobody saw Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin with his shirt off. But by all accounts, he seemed to be enjoying the festivities.
The whole wild scene is reminiscent of Orgeron's legendary first meeting with his Ole Miss players when he took the head job there prior to the 2005 season. The story's been repeated over and over and no doubt embellished a bit.
But in short, he glared at his players in the meeting room, and after leaving briefly, came back in bare-chested and with a few choice words invited anybody in the room to come whip his you-know-what if they had the guts.
Pretty soon, every player on the team had his shirt off, and half the room was chanting "Ole Miss" and the other half "Wild Boys."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I was just pondering over the last two hires at LSU. A grass eater who talks like a twisted thesaurus and Tarzan The Ape Man with a twisted dictionary.

It has been said more than once about LSU and Tennessee, "you can't make this stuff up." OMG, how I love both of them.:eek2::eek:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.