Offseason thread - What "qualifies" you as a Bama fan?

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
This is my story, I started at Alabama during Paul Bryant's 2nd year, I've been a member of Tide Pride and seen many, many games. Two of my kids went to Alabama and one works there today. Both are Bama fanatics. Now what do I think constitutes an Alabama fan? If you buy Alabama gear and wear it in public you are a fan. Simple.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
This is my story, I started at Alabama during Paul Bryant's 2nd year, I've been a member of Tide Pride and seen many, many games. Two of my kids went to Alabama and one works there today. Both are Bama fanatics. Now what do I think constitutes an Alabama fan? If you buy Alabama gear and wear it in public you are a fan. Simple.
This ^^

FWIW, I've always found it ironic (and goofy) that the booger-eaters would BRAG about the myth that ONLY former aub students would pull for the war-tiggers.

It's like being proud that you were so ugly as a kid, your mom had to tie a pork-chop around your neck to get the dog to play with you......

;)

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I met Coach Paul Bryant. That makes me a lifetime Alabama Football fan/member with benefits. :0)

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
I was at a neighborhood friend's house in 1976 (8 years old) and wearing a Bama shirt. Back then, not even sure I had seen a Bama game because you just didn't see games like today. Anyway, friend's dad was an UGA grad** and gave me an in your face moment because UGA beat us that year 21-0. It was the moment I started caring about games and started to tune in on the radio to listen. Lastly, I went on to graduate from Bama twice-- undergrad and grad school. Oddly, I didn't want to leave Tuscaloosa after undergrad, but I was initially only accepted at schools in Ohio and Mississippi so I stayed in Tuscaloosa one more year, which is the year I met my wife--an exchange student from Belgium. Not wanting to go to Ohio or Mississippi landed me in Brussels and I wouldn't change a thing. **Note** My friend turned out to be a big Bama fan and we still keep up with each other to this day, even if he moved away from the neighborhood when we were 12.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.