Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I got suspended for suggesting we had topped out with him as coach the first game of his last season. To be fair, I got angry at the insinuating remarks and the smart aleck in me came out and I got suspended by Bayou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I got suspended for suggesting we had topped out with him as coach the first game of his last season. To be fair, I got angry at the insinuating remarks and the smart aleck in me came out and I got suspended by Bayou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looking at these old posts, the recurring theme is suspended or banned posters.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Sometimes, I amaze myself.....

1) Just because a precedent is established doesn't mean they're obligated to follow it in the future

2) Since there's no rule AGAINST selecting a non-conference champion then no precedent has to be set anyway.

It is FANS, not the committee making this assumption. Nobody else.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
This is a hilarious quote from the tigerdropping thread that Selma linked

Bottom line is that Bama is no longer a place to be successful year after year. All of the perenial top 10 teams own their state in recruiting. Alabama will always be on a level playing field or below Auburn so they will never be the dominant recruiter. Alabama(state) does not have enough marquee players to build two programs so they will always be inconsistent.
The talent in Alabama and the percentage of recruits Bama will get will never match their fans expectations no matter how good the coach.
Good coaches, big-name coaches know this and won't come. Plus, another big handicap is not having ties to the university. This gets you a little tolerance from the Bama Faithful, without it you have no shot to be successful.
I know they are crazy over there on tigerdroppings, but the level of arrogance that our rivals built up while bama was down is hilarious in hindsight. They really thought Alabama would never be able to win consistently again. Man was this guy in for a rude awakening.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He's talking about a certain play that shall not be named.......and absolutely correct....

This hurts badly. I could have dealt with losing to Mizzou or USCe or tOSU or FSU...but not them...not like THAT. This will never go away. We will be forced to see that every year...50+ years from now that ending will be recapped. Why do they ruin our great seasons like this so often yet we never ruin theirs?

Something tells me the OU game is gonna disappoint this dude........

How did we give up 28 pts? Never would have thought that would happen.
Another JessN Classic...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.