Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Thanks lol.
    Something to think About for next year (We Might Lose 2-3 Games)
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If HSV said tOSU game thread came close to the Shula threads Iím just a little morbidly curious to see a game ( or post) thread like the NIU game, the 06 Arkansas game, or the 06 MSU game because I think tOSU game was the worst eeyore barnyard battle royale Iíve seen on here.

Thanks Selma

If HSV said tOSU game thread came close to the Shula threads I’m just a little morbidly curious to see a game ( or post) thread like the NIU game, the 06 Arkansas game, or the 06 MSU game because I think tOSU game was the worst eeyore barnyard battle royale I’ve seen on here.

Thanks Selma
    I'll keep checking but game threads - especially LONG ONES - is a much more recent invention. I don't even think I was posting here that often (member since 3/31/00, but I've actually gone a few years without posting, like when I was at the military PA school at Fort Sam.....I might have posted 10 times in a four-year span).

But if I find anything, I'll let you know. I've found game threads from 2007 that weren't very long at all, just a few folks over-reacting.

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

If HSV said tOSU game thread came close to the Shula threads I’m just a little morbidly curious to see a game ( or post) thread like the NIU game, the 06 Arkansas game, or the 06 MSU game because I think tOSU game was the worst eeyore barnyard battle royale I’ve seen on here.

Thanks Selma
    Here's fans getting ticked about a pre-Florida newspaper column (remember those?) in 2005

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33308

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I'll keep checking but game threads - especially LONG ONES - is a much more recent invention. I don't even think I was posting here that often (member since 3/31/00, but I've actually gone a few years without posting, like when I was at the military PA school at Fort Sam.....I might have posted 10 times in a four-year span).

But if I find anything, I'll let you know. I've found game threads from 2007 that weren't very long at all, just a few folks over-reacting.
    No worries I was just talking out loud. I just found HSVís hammer post funny when he compared it to a typical Shula thread. I wasnít on this board during Shula I Iím just assuming that it was like living in a world where man was ruled by eeyores.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Here's fans getting ticked about a pre-Florida newspaper column (remember those?) in 2005

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33308
    Lol IH8Orange. I remember him all to well.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 25th, 2018 at 09:05 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Folks probably had to learn to believe again when Saban arrived. I can't imaging what game threads in the Shula era looked like. You just couldn't trust the team to perform consistently from game to game. Maybe it was better that folks didn't post a lot - probably would have been a ton of banned posters.

No worries I was just talking out loud. I just found HSVís hammer post funny when he compared it to a typical Shula thread. I wasnít on this board during Shula I Iím just assuming that it was like living in a world where man was ruled by eeyores.

But you HAVE seen a "typical" Shula thread so it's not anything new.

Basically, it works like this:

a) person posts something about Shula, usually good but occasionally bad
    b) people run and take the opposite position of poster
    c) folks "in the know" just kind of sit back and watch it unfold with amusement and waiting the spot
    d) someone comes in with the claim that "nobody wanted the job" and something about Shula stepping forward to take it
    e) mods try to correct person but person doesn't want to listen and challenges who really knows what
    f) thread winds up getting closed

Wash, rinse, repeat.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

But you HAVE seen a "typical" Shula thread so it's not anything new.

Basically, it works like this:

a) person posts something about Shula, usually good but occasionally bad
    b) people run and take the opposite position of poster
    c) folks "in the know" just kind of sit back and watch it unfold with amusement and waiting the spot
    d) someone comes in with the claim that "nobody wanted the job" and something about Shula stepping forward to take it
    e) mods try to correct person but person doesn't want to listen and challenges who really knows what
    f) thread winds up getting closed

Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Yeah I remember that thread all too well. What a headache... but itís pretty fun looking over nostalgia Alabama topics.

Here's An Interesting One.....

Nation's #1 Player Commits To Texas

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Here's An Interesting One.....

Nation's #1 Player Commits To Texas
    Wow. Just Wow. An Alabama fan during the Fran times telling a Texas fan not to be excited about getting Vince Young and that Alabama is zeroing In on a national championship is just too much. We already knew what our fate was with the NCAA by that time.

Last edited by selmaborntidefan; May 25th, 2018 at 01:22 PM.