Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...
    Dark times, and we lost some good posters because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Last edited by selmaborntidefan; May 25th, 2018 at 01:35 PM.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan;3220847[URL="https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76315"
    The Barn Comes Unglued[/URL]

I tell you what. That 36-0 win over them that year was glorious! I so much enjoyed that beatdown we put on them that year. 2012 was quite satisfying as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

You got to love the "the dynasty may be over", "you don't win with a dominant D anymore" and "the days of stopping the run and running the ball are over" comments after a tough loss.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Folks probably had to learn to believe again when Saban arrived. I can't imaging what game threads in the Shula era looked like. You just couldn't trust the team to perform consistently from game to game. Maybe it was better that folks didn't post a lot - probably would have been a ton of banned posters.

2007 ULM Game Thread First Half

2007 ULM Game Thread Second Half

The 2007 ULM Postgame Thread

2007 Auburn Game Thread, 2nd Half

2007 Iron Bowl Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    My my my how the sobering splash of ice cold water in the morning to wake me up to the cold hard truth of reality. Like in the Wizard of Oz when the curtain was pulled back to reveal that the Great Oz wasn't so great after all. So it is with Alabama football in 2007. The "Great Oz" really isn't so great anymore.

Today wasn't about talent or not having talent. Today wasn't about coaching or the lack of coaching. Today we got to look reality in the eye of this football program and see for ourselves what many have been saying might possibly be hiding under the surface. The problem with Alabama football goes way beyond talent folks. It goes much much deeper. A "losers" and "undisciplined" culture has firmly set in at the Capstone and if today didn't confirm that then nothing will.

I did not attend or see the game. But I did listen to it. What I "heard" is exactly what a buddy of mine that did attend the game described and that is we've got too many players that simply don't have "want to"/"heart"/"inner drive" etc. It is a culture that has set in over the years. Blame it on what you want but the bottom line is it's here and isn't leaving very easily.

Coach Saban has his work cut out for him. Cecil Hurt's article answered part of it by saying some players need to be cycled out and bring in the new. Many have said it on here that we've got players that for whatever reason just "don't get it" or maybe can't get it. The rebuilding process is here folks, we're dead off in the middle of it. The dead wood has surfaced and shown itself for everyone to see. Now it's time for CNS to get rid of it, bench it and bring in the new. The darkest hour comes right before the dawn. As hard as it is to say right now or even believe it. IT WILL GET BETTER. ROLL TIDE.

How Good Would We Be If Saban Hadn't Come To Alabama (From November 2007)
    Last edited by selmaborntidefan; May 25th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

I found the 2nd half of the national title game vs UGA for you:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294742

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

Thanks. Iíve never seen the Tua reaction on this forum because I was at the game.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

This is a really fun read. Somehow get chills just reading peoples reactions knowing what they are reacting to.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    This is a really fun read. Somehow get chills just reading peoples reactions knowing what they are reacting to.
    Yeah itís cool looking back at that one.

The 2015 wasnít really fun to read even though we won.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Yeah it’s cool looking back at that one.

The 2015 wasn’t really fun to read even though we won.
    There was something different about this championship. Idk if it was Tua or what but it felt more special than any others under Saban to me. I was at the 2009 NCG and it was his first so that holds a special place but this one still feels different.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    There was something different about this championship. Idk if it was Tua or what but it felt more special than any others under Saban to me. I was at the 2009 NCG and it was his first so that holds a special place but this one still feels different.
    I was more referring to the 2015 game thread. Lots of eeyores that were waiting for that ď I told you soĒ about Kiffin and Coker moment.

But yes this championship is probably the best in my lifetime because itís the only one Iíve been to and how it ended.