Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

Last edited by selmaborntidefan; May 15th, 2018 at 05:41 PM.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

2. Advertisement

Re: Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...
    Funny, I remember that......my bigger take was the whole "Saban in ten years."

Well......we NOW have the answer to that one.

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

That thread as an idea sounds cool, then you see that it only has a few responses. We have no idea what folks here thought based on that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That thread as an idea sounds cool, then you see that it only has a few responses. We have no idea what folks here thought based on that thread.
    It will get better. We had fewer posters ten years ago and a lot, of course, are gone.

But we'll find some prescience, too.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Funny, I remember that.....
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by dvil doc View Post
    Really?
    yeah, I really do. Novel, I know...

It will get better. We had fewer posters ten years ago and a lot, of course, are gone.

But we'll find some prescience, too.
    it was just a few rope holders discussing the finer details of mtxe including a few that were able to juxtapose that with the cutting edge thoughts coming out of the pro coaching ranks.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

I particularly like the number of people who were confident that if Saban were to win a single national championship, he'd promptly retire to the lake.

I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I particularly like the number of people who were confident that if Saban were to win a single national championship, he'd promptly retire to the lake.

yep.....me too (without the hashtag)....

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

yep.....me too (without the hashtag)....
    Well he won multiple so that is why he didn't retire to the lake. Now we know.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

It's a reminder of how desperate we were just for ONE, though. One of JessN's earliest articles about Saban - it may have even been the one telling us he was coming - said that even if Saban was only here for two years, he would so change the culture it would be worth it for the long haul.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

This is great and all... but I don't wish to see my posts wanting Paul Johnson as our coach after Shula to resurface. Thanks for your cooperation, selma.