Blasts From The Past - A Catch-All Thread of Tide Fans Classics

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I tried to find JESS's wrap up of the 2009 sec title game a while back and couldn't find it. I thought that was probably the best piece he has written on tidefans.
My Pleasure - CLICK Me......

oh and..

Ingram Wins the Heisman

I have finished my cruise through the message boards and the vast majority of them are jumping off cliffs, bridges and tall buildings because Alabama now has a Heisman winner. I think I heard Gary and Vern stuttering in the background, Gary "I guess we can't use that Alabama hasn't won a Heisman line next year". Vern "I can they think I'm an idiot anyway". :)

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Part of me wants to see the tOSU post game thread to see our eeyores say the dynasty is over but alas I’m having issues pulling it up.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If HSV said tOSU game thread came close to the Shula threads I’m just a little morbidly curious to see a game ( or post) thread like the NIU game, the 06 Arkansas game, or the 06 MSU game because I think tOSU game was the worst eeyore barnyard battle royale I’ve seen on here.

Thanks Selma
I'll keep checking but game threads - especially LONG ONES - is a much more recent invention. I don't even think I was posting here that often (member since 3/31/00, but I've actually gone a few years without posting, like when I was at the military PA school at Fort Sam.....I might have posted 10 times in a four-year span).

But if I find anything, I'll let you know. I've found game threads from 2007 that weren't very long at all, just a few folks over-reacting.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If HSV said tOSU game thread came close to the Shula threads I’m just a little morbidly curious to see a game ( or post) thread like the NIU game, the 06 Arkansas game, or the 06 MSU game because I think tOSU game was the worst eeyore barnyard battle royale I’ve seen on here.

Thanks Selma
Here's fans getting ticked about a pre-Florida newspaper column (remember those?) in 2005

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33308

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll keep checking but game threads - especially LONG ONES - is a much more recent invention. I don't even think I was posting here that often (member since 3/31/00, but I've actually gone a few years without posting, like when I was at the military PA school at Fort Sam.....I might have posted 10 times in a four-year span).

But if I find anything, I'll let you know. I've found game threads from 2007 that weren't very long at all, just a few folks over-reacting.
No worries I was just talking out loud. I just found HSV’s hammer post funny when he compared it to a typical Shula thread. I wasn’t on this board during Shula I I’m just assuming that it was like living in a world where man was ruled by eeyores.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Folks probably had to learn to believe again when Saban arrived. I can't imaging what game threads in the Shula era looked like. You just couldn't trust the team to perform consistently from game to game. Maybe it was better that folks didn't post a lot - probably would have been a ton of banned posters.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No worries I was just talking out loud. I just found HSV’s hammer post funny when he compared it to a typical Shula thread. I wasn’t on this board during Shula I I’m just assuming that it was like living in a world where man was ruled by eeyores.

But you HAVE seen a "typical" Shula thread so it's not anything new.

Basically, it works like this:

a) person posts something about Shula, usually good but occasionally bad
b) people run and take the opposite position of poster
c) folks "in the know" just kind of sit back and watch it unfold with amusement and waiting the spot
d) someone comes in with the claim that "nobody wanted the job" and something about Shula stepping forward to take it
e) mods try to correct person but person doesn't want to listen and challenges who really knows what
f) thread winds up getting closed

Wash, rinse, repeat.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But you HAVE seen a "typical" Shula thread so it's not anything new.

Basically, it works like this:

a) person posts something about Shula, usually good but occasionally bad
b) people run and take the opposite position of poster
c) folks "in the know" just kind of sit back and watch it unfold with amusement and waiting the spot
d) someone comes in with the claim that "nobody wanted the job" and something about Shula stepping forward to take it
e) mods try to correct person but person doesn't want to listen and challenges who really knows what
f) thread winds up getting closed

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yeah I remember that thread all too well. What a headache... but it’s pretty fun looking over nostalgia Alabama topics.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...
Dark times, and we lost some good posters because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.