selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That was pretty tame, but for close to a decade LSU fans were banned from posting on TF as they turned EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION into a Miles comparison or a discussion as to how long he would stay at Bama before heading back down to BR...
Funny, I remember that......my bigger take was the whole "Saban in ten years."

Well......we NOW have the answer to that one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That thread as an idea sounds cool, then you see that it only has a few responses. We have no idea what folks here thought based on that thread.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That thread as an idea sounds cool, then you see that it only has a few responses. We have no idea what folks here thought based on that thread.
It will get better. We had fewer posters ten years ago and a lot, of course, are gone.

But we'll find some prescience, too.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It will get better. We had fewer posters ten years ago and a lot, of course, are gone.

But we'll find some prescience, too.
it was just a few rope holders discussing the finer details of mtxe including a few that were able to juxtapose that with the cutting edge thoughts coming out of the pro coaching ranks.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I particularly like the number of people who were confident that if Saban were to win a single national championship, he'd promptly retire to the lake.

:biggrin::biggrin2::biggrin:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I particularly like the number of people who were confident that if Saban were to win a single national championship, he'd promptly retire to the lake.

:biggrin::biggrin2::biggrin:
It's a reminder of how desperate we were just for ONE, though. One of JessN's earliest articles about Saban - it may have even been the one telling us he was coming - said that even if Saban was only here for two years, he would so change the culture it would be worth it for the long haul.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
This is great and all... but I don't wish to see my posts wanting Paul Johnson as our coach after Shula to resurface. Thanks for your cooperation, selma. ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is great and all... but I don't wish to see my posts wanting Paul Johnson as our coach after Shula to resurface. Thanks for your cooperation, selma. ;)

Well......

I know I'm dreaming, but if any of the Big S's were to come (Spurrier, Stoops, or Saban) I'd likely be giggling fro weeks to come...

And at least you didn't say this....

We should hire Mike Leach.

And this wasn't you....

I like Paul Johnson, good record everywhere he has been. Also we had success at one time with another man named Paul.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oh for Pete's sake!!!

If all we wanted was a good assistant, we could have kept Shula and made him the OC.

Despite all the USC hype, Ed Orgeron is not exactly setting the world on fire at Ole Miss - and neither is Norm Chow in the NFL.

hw89
And I still think dabaxter was either Johnson or his agent...

Again, look at the facts, Spurrier's recruiting at SC has not been great, in fact lackluster. I think the name Alabama will carry plenty of weight! Once Johnson get's into place and starts winning, recruits will be soliciting to come to Bama.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The bloviating is strong in this one..

Now that we can agree on. We both want a proven winner. They don't get any more proven as a winner than Paul Johnson. Not many folks have put many 1-AA players in the NFL. I know Johnson put in some from Georgia Southern, including their running back. You know he can adjust or else he wouldn't have such a phenominal track record.

Tweets before Twitter that didn't age well...

For those of you who think Spurrier or Saban are coming....

;)

So that's why I haven't seen him in forever....

Because they have good gigs.

If either Spurdog or Satan takes the job, I will walk away from tidefans.com for 1 year. And be thrilled about it.

Still maybe the best post in Tidefans history....

Credibility? For what, being absolutely wrong?

I challenge you to a loser leave town match (like the old days of NWA rasslin' with Gordon Solie out of Atlanta). If either of these two (Saban or SOS) are coaching the University of Alabama Crimson Tide come this spring I'll leave this board forever! If either one of them are NOT coaching then you leave the board.

I am joking about the loser leave town thing, but I'm serious about the following:

I would be totally disgusted if they hired Saban after he ripped our boobies off with his comments today.

I would be sorely disappointed in SOS if he came here after what he has said to the people of Carolina and his players.

Forget those two coaches, they ain't happening at this point in time.:BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.