Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    22,897

    Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?

    The common use of this diuretic is:

    Furosemide is used in treating a variety of conditions, per WebMD. The list includes heart failure, and disease of the liver or kidney, as well as helping treat high blood pressure. Within the context of professional sports, an athlete is unlikely to be suffering from heart failure or other major diseases. High blood pressure is another story, as some do deal with it.

    But it is commonly used by athletes for:

    Perhaps obviously, furosemide can be used as a masking agent, helping the body rid itself of evidence of doping through urination before testing occurs. Hence why it, among other diuretics, is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Note that furosemide (and similar products) are most effective at avoiding detection when paired with a fast-moving stimulant.



    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...ension-by-mlb/

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...hall-fame-case
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    22,897
    Thread Starter

    Re: Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?

    Call me bitter, whatever, but this is exactly why I still think Hank Aaron is the homerun king and McGwire, Clemens, Bonds, Palmeiro and anyone else caught using PED's should be automatically disqualified from making the hall of fame AND their statistics be shown separate with an asterisk beside them.


    PED's do not help a player hit a baseball harder, further or anything like that. But what they do is expedite muscle recovery and keep an aging player who is on the verge of entering the decline of his career, to stay in his prime an additional 5-7 years. Can you imagine the numbers Aaron would have put up if he had an additional 5-7 years added to the prime of his career? The numbers he would have put up would have been untouchable. It took an artificial, additional 5-7 years for Bonds to match what Aaron, Mays, Ruth did naturally. They cheated and tarnished the integrity of the game a whole heck of a lot more than Pete Rose ever did.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; May 16th, 2018 at 08:39 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thomasville, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Call me bitter, whatever, but this is exactly why I still think Hank Aaron is the homerun king and McGwire, Clemens, Bonds, Palmeiro and anyone else caught using PED's should be automatically disqualified from making the hall of fame AND their statistics be shown separate with an asterisk beside them.


    PED's do not help a player hit a baseball harder, further or anything like that. But what they do is expedite muscle recovery and keep an aging player who is on the verge of entering the decline of his career, to stay in his prime an additional 5-7 years. Can you imagine the numbers Aaron would have put up if he had an additional 5-7 years added to the prime of his career? The numbers he would have put up would have been untouchable. It took an artificial, additional 5-7 years for Bonds to match what Aaron, Mays, Ruth did naturally. They cheated and tarnished the integrity of the game a whole heck of a lot more than Pete Rose ever did.
    I disagree on Ruth. Nah, just joking, he took the original PED, BEER. it kept him hydrated longer, giving his muscles more to work with

    Again, just playing. I can't argue that, seeing the Bonds ball in the Hall of Fame with the * didn't compare to seeing the Honus Wagner uniform and baseball cards (reproduction I assume) and other individual achievements made by the all time greats.

    Now, was Bonds and the others named REALLY good, sure, but it just doesn't feel the same.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  5. #4
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    22,897
    Thread Starter

    Re: Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    I disagree on Ruth. Nah, just joking, he took the original PED, BEER. it kept him hydrated longer, giving his muscles more to work with

    Again, just playing. I can't argue that, seeing the Bonds ball in the Hall of Fame with the * didn't compare to seeing the Honus Wagner uniform and baseball cards (reproduction I assume) and other individual achievements made by the all time greats.

    Now, was Bonds and the others named REALLY good, sure, but it just doesn't feel the same.
    Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens would have been sure fire HOF's without the PED's. They only needed them to extend the prime of their careers and pad their already HOF numbers, passing people in the record books they would have otherwise not passed. But still would have been voted in to the HOF.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thomasville, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Robinson Cano's suspension. What is "Furosemide"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens would have been sure fire HOF's without the PED's. They only needed them to extend the prime of their careers and pad their already HOF numbers, passing people in the record books they would have otherwise not passed. But still would have been voted in to the HOF.
    You are correct. Some just want to be considered the best, and not one of the best ever.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!