Are UCF fans like Democrats?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we do have a national politician who likes to claim, with no actual basis in reality, that he is the best at everything and his supporters routinely get their undergarments in a tangle when the reality-based folks don't go along with his claims. i guess that's sort of like what happened with ucf.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This OP is thick with irony given that the poster has repeatedly complained about the system that selects four teams as a double secret committee and the current GOP President is the more analogous comparison of a guy who can’t stop boasting about who he beat and how badly he beat them and the only reason he didn’t get credit is because of the system being stacked against him but, hey, who am I to argue with this nutbaggery?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
This OP is thick with irony given that the poster has repeatedly complained about the system that selects four teams as a double secret committee and the current GOP President is the more analogous comparison of a guy who can’t stop boasting about who he beat and how badly he beat them and the only reason he didn’t get credit is because of the system being stacked against him but, hey, who am I to argue with this nutbaggery?
Hey, I just asked a question! If the subject matter hits too close to home for you, who's fault is that? ;)

FWIW, I don't think its "ironic" at all. Seems to me that the systems for selecting both "major" party Presidential nominees - and particularly on the Dem side, both make the CFB system with the "Double Secret Committee" look utopian an idealistic in comparison. (and IMO that's saying something!)

And please don't assume that Just because I'm NOT a "Fan" of Mrs. Clinton or the Dem party, that this in any way dictates that I MUST also believe that President Donald Trump is a modern day "Thomas Jefferson", Or otherwise a "perfect man", utterly without flaw or blemish, OR that the GOP is a "good" party.

It IS actually possible to believe that MULTIPLE politicians in BOTH parties are all [expletive deleted's] (trying to abide by board rules here!!!) and that many (if not most) of them are seeking to harm the Nation.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey, I just asked a question! If the subject matter hits too close to home for you, who's fault is that? ;)
It has nothing to do with hitting close to home. It has everything to do with being a stupid musing.

FWIW, I don't think its "ironic" at all. Seems to me that the systems for selecting both "major" party Presidential nominees - and particularly on the Dem side, both make the CFB system with the "Double Secret Committee" look utopian an idealistic in comparison. (and IMO that's saying something!)
Not really. The Democratic Party DID create super delegates prior to the 1984 election as a means of preventing an extremist from winning the nomination and - more precisely - to enable the chosen one (Teddy Kennedy or Mondale in 1984) to ascend to the throne. ON PAPER what you say is correct. However, not once since putting those SDs together have the Democrats attempted to thwart their own people. So it's kind of, you know, ridiculous.

And please don't assume that Just because I'm NOT a "Fan" of Mrs. Clinton or the Dem party, that this in any way dictates that I MUST also believe that President Donald Trump is a modern day "Thomas Jefferson", Or otherwise a "perfect man", utterly without flaw or blemish, OR that the GOP is a "good" party.
That's a red herring and irrelevant anyway.

My only point was that it is TRUMP, and NOT the Democrats who are claiming the need for some sort of recognition for his alleged feat.

Trump - like UCF - isn't happy with the fact he won and did something nobody thought possible.
Trump - like UCF - complained about people being shut out of the process by a rigged game.
Trump - like UCF - has a lot of folks who helped him get where he did who no longer work for him.
Trump - like UCF - only ascended to where he did thanks to others eliminating the competition for him.
Trump - like UCF - drew an overrated opponent in the last round.
Trump - like UCF - barely beat the overrated opponent but wants to make it sound like he was the bomb and she was Hiroshima.
Trump - like UCF (a professor) - has gotten to keep his job despite sexual assault
Trump - like UCF - couldn't carry his home state.

I mean, I could go on but if anyone doesn't get the point now, how many more examples would it take?

It IS actually possible to believe that MULTIPLE politicians in BOTH parties are all [expletive deleted's] (trying to abide by board rules here!!!) and that many (if not most) of them are seeking to harm the Nation.
It might be but your choice of the wrong example here begs the question of your objectivity to say nothing of the loosening of associations that made it a conclusion.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
It has nothing to do with hitting close to home. It has everything to do with being a stupid musing.

Not really. The Democratic Party DID create super delegates prior to the 1984 election as a means of preventing an extremist from winning the nomination and - more precisely - to enable the chosen one (Teddy Kennedy or Mondale in 1984) to ascend to the throne. ON PAPER what you say is correct. However, not once since putting those SDs together have the Democrats attempted to thwart their own people. So it's kind of, you know, ridiculous.

That's a red herring and irrelevant anyway.

My only point was that it is TRUMP, and NOT the Democrats who are claiming the need for some sort of recognition for his alleged feat.

Trump - like UCF - isn't happy with the fact he won and did something nobody thought possible.
Trump - like UCF - complained about people being shut out of the process by a rigged game.
Trump - like UCF - has a lot of folks who helped him get where he did who no longer work for him.
Trump - like UCF - only ascended to where he did thanks to others eliminating the competition for him.
Trump - like UCF - drew an overrated opponent in the last round.
Trump - like UCF - barely beat the overrated opponent but wants to make it sound like he was the bomb and she was Hiroshima.
Trump - like UCF (a professor) - has gotten to keep his job despite sexual assault
Trump - like UCF - couldn't carry his home state.

I mean, I could go on but if anyone doesn't get the point now, how many more examples would it take?

It might be but your choice of the wrong example here begs the question of your objectivity to say nothing of the loosening of associations that made it a conclusion.
LOL!! Ok, I guess it was too obvious to make (what I thought was) a light hearted, joking comparison about a college football team that didn't really win a title and is still whining about it, and a political party, its candidate, and it's still bitter partisans who didn't really win an election and are still whining about it.

Obviously, there's way too many hurt feelings on this board to make this kind of attempt (however weak) at HUMOR.....

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
LOL!! Ok, I guess it was too obvious to make (what I thought was) a light hearted, joking comparison about a college football team that didn't really win a title and is still whining about it, and a political party, its candidate, and it's still bitter partisans who didn't really win an election and are still whining about it.
You mean as opposed to a candidate who did win, but is still running against his opposition, his predecessor, and doesn't worry about his base who is taking it on the chin?

It's hilarious.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In that both live in a city where people pay lots of money to see Princesses and Fairy Tales and have underground tunnels where you can move freely without being bothered by the peasants who are visiting on Vacation.....then, yes.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
You mean as opposed to a candidate who did win, but is still running against his opposition, his predecessor, and doesn't worry about his base who is taking it on the chin?

It's hilarious.
Uh... Perhaps you were out of the country from 2008-17? The previous President never stopped campaigning the entire time he was in office. Even his "farewell address" in Chicago in January 2017 was staged in the style of a Campaign rally.

That's how politicians operate in our world today. The current president HARDLY invented this.

And just to be clear, I'm talking about that "orange clown" - that inept, blowhard, war-mongering, bad-hair-wearin' fool, who's somehow, in spite of himself, lead us to record after record after record gains in the stock market (which I'm SURE must be bad, even though it helps Every American who has a retirement plan or Pension), Unprecedented (in recent years) job growth (which Proves he doesn't understand the economy, right?), Near RECORD Lows in Black and Hispanic Unemployment rates (which only proves he's a RACIST, right?), removed America from the disastrous and very unfair Paris (fake) Climate Change accord (Notice how its getting hotter outside than it was a month ago? - it's Global warming, I tell you!!! ), ended the sham Iranian "deal" that was shielding their never-discontinued nuclear program, and brought the prospect of Peace to the Korean Peninsula for the first time in over 50 years - a feat no prior President has even come close to achieving.

Oh! But of course, NONE of this makes up for him being "mean" on Twitter!!!!!! :biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Uh... Perhaps you were out of the country from 2008-17? The previous President never stopped campaigning the entire time he was in office. Even his "farewell address" in Chicago in January 2017 was staged in the style of a Campaign rally.

That's how politicians operate in our world today. The current president HARDLY invented this.

And just to be clear, I'm talking about that "orange clown" - that inept, blowhard, war-mongering, bad-hair-wearin' fool, who's somehow, in spite of himself, lead us to record after record after record gains in the stock market (which I'm SURE must be bad, even though it helps Every American who has a retirement plan or Pension), Unprecedented (in recent years) job growth (which Proves he doesn't understand the economy, right?), Near RECORD Lows in Black and Hispanic Unemployment rates (which only proves he's a RACIST, right?), removed America from the disastrous and very unfair Paris (fake) Climate Change accord (Notice how its getting hotter outside than it was a month ago? - it's Global warming, I tell you!!! ), ended the sham Iranian "deal" that was shielding their never-discontinued nuclear program, and brought the prospect of Peace to the Korean Peninsula for the first time in over 50 years - a feat no prior President has even come close to achieving.

Oh! But of course, NONE of this makes up for him being "mean" on Twitter!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Thanks for letting us know who your hero is - and how much you understand about him and what he's done...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.