**** 2019 PG Kira Lewis Commits to Alabama, Will Reclassify and Play in 2018 **** - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 BBALL Kira Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    I love Bama and I love Memphis. Not trying to turn this into a Memphis board so I’ll answer this and move on. I do think there’s a good chance Memphis lands Wiseman, Watford, and Walker. They have 2 schollies open for next year but they could make room. Penny’s son is on scholarship and that’s obviously not necessary. Another walk-on has been promised a scholarship next year but you know how that goes. So they would make room for them. If I’m wrong and Bama gets Watford or Walker, it’s not like I’ll be disappointed or anything. Like I said, I love both teams.
    Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the pg we signed won’t play basketball due to a health issue. Watford is torn. Penny better win because idk how good of a coach he really is. Memphis only hires him to get wiseman. Everything will be changing when one and done is gone soon enough
    Last edited by jambama1; July 21st, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the phone we signed wonít play basketball due to a health issue. Watford is torn. Penny better win because idk how good of a coach he really is. Memphis only hires him to get wiseman. Everything will be changing when one and done is gone soon enough
    I very much disagree that they only hired him to get Wiseman. To hire a coach to get one recruit would be extremely shortsighted. Yes, he is an unproven coach. But so far, heís already won in terms of recruiting and boosting ticket sales. Tubby couldnít/wouldnít do either. Of course there is concern since he has yet to coach a game at the collegiate level. But thereís also a ton of excitement that hasnít been here in years.

BamaNation All-American

I very much disagree that they only hired him to get Wiseman. To hire a coach to get one recruit would be extremely shortsighted. Yes, he is an unproven coach. But so far, he’s already won in terms of recruiting and boosting ticket sales. Tubby couldn’t/wouldn’t do either. Of course there is concern since he has yet to coach a game at the collegiate level. But there’s also a ton of excitement that hasn’t been here in years.
    Tubby can coach and win games period. He has a national title to prove it. Excitement last until you don't win ask khakis in Michigan. If you don't believe they hired him because of his AAU connections you are being a homer. Avery might not have coached in the NCAA before but he did coach in the NBA. AAU and NCAA are two different things. If it works great but I predict penny will be an assistant coach 4 years from now

BamaNation First Team

Tubby can coach and win games period. He has a national title to prove it. Excitement last until you don't win ask khakis in Michigan. If you don't believe they hired him because of his AAU connections you are being a homer. Avery might not have coached in the NCAA before but he did coach in the NBA. AAU and NCAA are two different things. If it works great but I predict penny will be an assistant coach 4 years from now
    Not really gonna have this back and forth with you but weíll agree to disagree. Not saying his AAU connections werenít a motivating factor. I also clearly stated that there is concern since heís never coached college. Since you seem to like to get the last word, Iíll let you have it. But to say it was the only factor is plain wrong. Tubby certainly can coach but he lacked the enthusiasm necessary to be the coach of a major b-ball program. You know as well as I do that in-game coaching is just part of the job. We will certainly see on that prediction.

BamaNation All-American

Not really gonna have this back and forth with you but we’ll agree to disagree. Not saying his AAU connections weren’t a motivating factor. I also clearly stated that there is concern since he’s never coached college. Since you seem to like to get the last word, I’ll let you have it. But to say it was the only factor is plain wrong. Tubby certainly can coach but he lacked the enthusiasm necessary to be the coach of a major b-ball program. You know as well as I do that in-game coaching is just part of the job. We will certainly see on that prediction.
    Ok let me approach it in a different way what coaching resume makes you believe he will be able to do in game coaching or proper adjustments ? I don't care about the last word but to call him a great hire is over eager. If penny wasn't an alum, kid on the team , and AAU team with top prospects , he wouldn't be offered the job imo. I think Mullen went to St. Johns a few years ago and they have gone nowhere.

BamaNation First Team

Ok let me approach it in a different way what coaching resume makes you believe he will be able to do in game coaching or proper adjustments ? I don't care about the last word but to call him a great hire is over eager. If penny wasn't an alum, kid on the team , and AAU team with top prospects , he wouldn't be offered the job imo. I think Mullen went to St. Johns a few years ago and they have gone nowhere.
    Just curious to where I said he was a great hire. I said the fans were enthusiastic about it and excited, which thereís nothing wrong with. In my responses to your posts, I agreed that there are concerns that heís never coached collegiately. That implies that I am worried both about his in game coaching and adjustments. You said earlier that the only reason he got the job was because he could get Wiseman. I said thatís not true. Now youíve expanded to say the fact that heís an alum and his kidís on the team are among reasons that he got hired. I absolutely agree with the alum part. That is a big reason we as fans are excited. His kid was put on the team after he was hired so thatís wrong. I did agree that his AAU connections were a factor as well as Tubby wasnít recruiting worth a spit. I donít know that Iíd go as far to compare him to Mullin, who had not coaching experience at any level. High school and AAU are not college, but we can agree Penny has more coaching experience at this point than Mullins (or Drexler since many experts want to bring that comparison in). He had won state titles and AAU titles, for what itís worth. The hire of Penny could go poorly, as many coaching hires do. But I donít think thereís anything wrong with people being excited.

BamaNation All-American

Meanwhile, any news on Kira Lewis...?

BamaNation All-American

Just curious to where I said he was a great hire. I said the fans were enthusiastic about it and excited, which there’s nothing wrong with. In my responses to your posts, I agreed that there are concerns that he’s never coached collegiately. That implies that I am worried both about his in game coaching and adjustments. You said earlier that the only reason he got the job was because he could get Wiseman. I said that’s not true. Now you’ve expanded to say the fact that he’s an alum and his kid’s on the team are among reasons that he got hired. I absolutely agree with the alum part. That is a big reason we as fans are excited. His kid was put on the team after he was hired so that’s wrong. I did agree that his AAU connections were a factor as well as Tubby wasn’t recruiting worth a spit. I don’t know that I’d go as far to compare him to Mullin, who had not coaching experience at any level. High school and AAU are not college, but we can agree Penny has more coaching experience at this point than Mullins (or Drexler since many experts want to bring that comparison in). He had won state titles and AAU titles, for what it’s worth. The hire of Penny could go poorly, as many coaching hires do. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people being excited.
    You should be excited and I hope it half way works only because Bama is pursuing some of the same players . If you don't get wiseman its because Duke or UK came in late

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Meanwhile, any news on Kira Lewis...?
    Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the pg we signed won’t play basketball due to a health issue.
    Last edited by jambama1; July 21st, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the phone we signed won’t play basketball due to a health issue.
    I've tried to figure out what should be in place of phone, but I'm having no success. Someone enlighten me, please.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    I've tried to figure out what should be in place of phone, but I'm having no success. Someone enlighten me, please.
    auto correct for PG lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the pg we signed won’t play basketball due to a health issue.
    Uhoh.... Is it someone we signed recently....
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

Kira is trying to graduate early. Likely December grad and start then. Hearing the pg we signed wonít play basketball due to a health issue.
    Wow ... if its he case they are really keeping it hush hush. Can't find anything on it as of yet unfortunately. Hoping its not the case.
    Last edited by BAMAVILLE; July 23rd, 2018 at 09:20 AM.