Link: Tua Would've Transferred if he didn't play in NC game.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Their "job" in today's media is to generate traffic. PERIOD. If they also tell the truth, then so much the better, but "honesty" is no longer part of the job description. The person who put out the original, intentionally misleading story PROBABLY got a bonus, of maybe a promotion - or at least an "atta boy", for doing what they were asked to do.
Almost sickening how truthful that is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I've read this thread start to finish trying to bring myself up to speed on the qb situation. Now I'm better informed, but surprisingly, I'm even more curious and looking forward to next season to see how things unfold.

One thing I've noticed (along with everybody else watching) has been how well both qbs have done handling the competition. Today, I watched a film clip of Tua talking to his church group back in Hawaii (I think.) His faith obviously guides him well, and the same can be said about Jalen. (The link can be found at al.com)

Tua talks about "speaking in tongues" in a very positive manner, which is something I have no experience with. Perhaps this linguistic ability of Tua's has been as asset in his understanding of Coach when Saban occasionally gets worked up. :smile:
Off topic from the quoted post but I too can claim to be a "Chukker Veteran" having first wandered in to the place in the early 1957, second semester of my freshman year. Love at first exposure and went there for years thereafter. On my first round of beer I always had them take a beer to Brown, the cook. Folks with me always wondered why my steak was larger than theirs, and there was more roquefort cheese on my salad. My stepfather was proved to be right once again, always treat the man preparing the food right, and he'll do right by you! Loved the place from first time in 'til the last time I visited.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is college football today, like it or not. We have discussed ad nauseam this generation wanting instant gratification, well we have it in full force now from supposed elite players and their parents. IMO, the actions of players like Blake Barnett, Hunter Johnson, Joe Burrows, Hurts and Tua is of their own making with generous support and pushing from their parents. They are not being given the right advice by their parents or even possibly their high school coaches. I do not blame the football coaches recruiting them, it is their job to sell and sign them.

It is however, on the parents to do what is best for their son, not live out their dreams through him. I realize these parents' want their sons to be the next Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers so much that they push them to high profile programs with established QBs who are as good or better than their sons. If you aspire to see your son play in the NFL and he has the talent, then playing for someone like Mike Leach will in all likelihood get you to the NFL just as if he had played for CNS, except for the conference and national titles.

My problem is these parents are blinded by what they want for their son and not necessarily what is best for his college career or having the possibility of a career in the NFL. I understand the phrase "they want to compete at the highest level" so you must be sure you kid winds up at Alabama, tOSU, Clemson, etc. well guess what there is always going to be someone better when you insist on going to these type schools. My point is that someone with the talent of Tua would make it to the NFL playing for Cal, USCw or Fresno State just as easily and without the drama of playing for Alabama. IIRC the #1 QB drafted this year did not come from Alabama, tOSU or Clemson, but Wyoming.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
This is college football today, like it or not. We have discussed ad nauseam this generation wanting instant gratification, well we have it in full force now from supposed elite players and their parents. IMO, the actions of players like Blake Barnett, Hunter Johnson, Joe Burrows, Hurts and Tua is of their own making with generous support and pushing from their parents. They are not being given the right advice by their parents or even possibly their high school coaches. I do not blame the football coaches recruiting them, it is their job to sell and sign them.

It is however, on the parents to do what is best for their son, not live out their dreams through him. I realize these parents' want their sons to be the next Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers so much that they push them to high profile programs with established QBs who are as good or better than their sons. If you aspire to see your son play in the NFL and he has the talent, then playing for someone like Mike Leach will in all likelihood get you to the NFL just as if he had played for CNS, except for the conference and national titles.

My problem is these parents are blinded by what they want for their son and not necessarily what is best for his college career or having the possibility of a career in the NFL. I understand the phrase "they want to compete at the highest level" so you must be sure you kid winds up at Alabama, tOSU, Clemson, etc. well guess what there is always going to be someone better when you insist on going to these type schools. My point is that someone with the talent of Tua would make it to the NFL playing for Cal, USCw or Fresno State just as easily and without the drama of playing for Alabama. IIRC the #1 QB drafted this year did not come from Alabama, tOSU or Clemson, but Wyoming.

Wait. Baker Mayfield played for Wyoming? Did that state move? Maybe you meant Sam Darnold? No, he went to USC. Oh there, it's the #3 QB that went to Wyoming.

I am just teasing with you a bit. I do agree with your general point on this.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I generally agree with this, but if you're a kid with NFL measurables, should you sit on the bench if there's a guy in front of you who will play until you exhaust your eligibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I generally agree with this, but if you're a kid with NFL measurables, should you sit on the bench if there's a guy in front of you who will play until you exhaust your eligibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't, especially if I'm obviously better.
This is tough simply because most people listen for what they WANT to hear rather than what they NEED to hear.

And, today, most people believe their estimate of self is more accurate than somone elses.

AND then there is the issue of a team like Alabama with basically 4 and 5 star recruits and everybody really is good and it's harder to see the pecking order among so much talent. So it would make sense a team like Bama would probably have more transfers.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Was that ever the situation? I mean even with my support of Hurts, all along I really just didn't want the QB battle playing out throughout the season. There's simply no way on earth for anyone to conclude that because a switch wasn't made mid-season, that the switch couldn't happen in the spring or the fall. All along I tried to be clear in saying I expected a QB battle in the spring, even when Hurts appeared entrenched as a starter. So really, we're talking about Tua using 2 of his 5 years of eligibility at most to try and figure out if he was going to be starter or not. From what I've heard he was ready to leave in a matter of months, so some of that is clearly just impatience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.