Link: Blake Barnett to USF with two years left of eligibility.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I may be the only one to say it, but I wish him success.

I also may be one of the few to say that I believe in time he would have developed into a good qb for us if he would have been allowed the room to learn, make mistakes and improve.

I know it's water under the bridge, but I'll take the high ground and wish him well.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I also may be one of the few to say that I believe in time he would have developed into a good qb for us if he would have been allowed the room to learn, make mistakes and improve.

I know it's water under the bridge, but I'll take the high ground and wish him well.
I don't think Barnett would have developed into any better of a quarterback than what hurts is now, but not because of his lack of ability. But because the personnel (coaching wise) we had in place for the QB wasn't good at the developing aspect. I know that's probably another thread for another topic. But I love the QB coach hire we made this offseason. He has a track record for developing qb's.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I don't have strong feelings either way about his success or failure. I don't buy that he would have developed into much though.

TD7

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2017

I agree 100%

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't think Barnett would have developed into any better of a quarterback than what hurts is now, but not because of his lack of ability. But because the personnel (coaching wise) we had in place for the QB wasn't good at the developing aspect. I know that's probably another thread for another topic. But I love the QB coach hire we made this offseason. He has a track record for developing qb's.
I don't have strong feelings either way about his success or failure. I don't buy that he would have developed into much though.
I don't know if he had/has the right stuff between his ears, but in terms of throwing ability he was way ahead of Hurts against USC, imo.

But JH showed something for the overall position that Barnett didn't, apparently. BTW, I don't think it helped him that his parents got involved. Ironically, Jalen's dad has now done the same thing.

I do agree our QB coaching sitation is so much better now than then.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Wish him well............I felt like his mid-season departure from Bama was caused by immaturity. If that was right, I hope he's matured enough by now to see this one through.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Eh, I doubt it was immaturity. Frankly, it was to maximize eligibility and for a situation like right now. He was not going to beat out Jalen; he transferred and it didn't work out, but now he has two years to play after graduating; at worst, he can get a graduate degree while on athletic scholarship.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't harbor any lasting ill will towards the young man. I think he would have become a more-than-serviceable QB at Bama, if not a starter. Look at the difference we saw in Mac Jones in the spring game.

I wish him success.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is like finding out your crazy ex has a new boyfriend.

Happy she's out of your life -- feeling sorry for some poor schlub who has no idea what's getting ready to happen

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Wait, what's the timeline again? Started or played vs usc and quit/left mid-season. Trans cross to another d1 school, doesn't have to sit a year. "Battles" for starting spot but does not win it? Did he play at all in 2017? Now, transfer again to d1 school...don't have to sit...and still have 2 years eligibility? Sounds sweet.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
“During his time in Tempe, Arizona, for the Sun Devils, Barnett attempted five passes as a backup to Manny Wilkins.”

His track record doesn’t lead me to believe he would have won the qb job in Tuscaloosa.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
“During his time in Tempe, Arizona, for the Sun Devils, Barnett attempted five passes as a backup to Manny Wilkins.”

His track record doesn’t lead me to believe he would have won the qb job in Tuscaloosa.

Distinct possibility that Barnett would be our 4th string QB right now. At best 3rd. He left for playing time, did not get it. Now he's gone again. He may or may not become a starter. Strange college career... ;) If this was NAS CAR... It would be like a driver who couldn't win Driving a Chevy, changed to a Ford... Same results, and now he's moving on to Toyota. Forever Hopeful.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Maybe he will have success. Based on what some of the insiders on this board have posted, it seems that his parents, namely his father, is largely to blame for BB’s constant drama. If true nothing like helicopter parents ruining two good opportunities for their son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.