Bicycle riders

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This is 80-year-old Heinz Stücke. He cycled around the world for more than 50 YEARS without going home, mostly on a 3-speed bicycle built in 1962. He is the most traveled human ever, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, traveling through 196 countries and 78 territories. 🌍

Check out his double handlebar setup, and bike packing front roll!

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Silver Comet Trail is closed, but people are just parking near it now and using it anyway.
That's what is happening at all of the trails in NJ. Parks closed - people parking and walking or riding to the trails. I mean, the state has not closed the trails - they closed the parks to keep people from congregating on the playgrounds and park benches. But the trails are not wide enough to pass almost without touching, so I won't use them. IMO, the narrow trails should be closed.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's what is happening at all of the trails in NJ. Parks closed - people parking and walking or riding to the trails. I mean, the state has not closed the trails - they closed the parks to keep people from congregating on the playgrounds and park benches. But the trails are not wide enough to pass almost without touching, so I won't use them. IMO, the narrow trails should be closed.
The Silver Comet used to be a railroad so it is pretty wide. yes it is the parking lots that are closed.

Reactions: B1GTide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The Silver Comet Trail is closed, but people are just parking near it now and using it anyway.
the beltline is still open but i hear it has been super crowded.

we have a 1.5 mile stretch of bike path in the industrial area just south of college park (near the airport hotels) that hardly anyone knows about and no one uses. we have been able to take our daughter there to let her practice her newfound riding skills.

path_1.jpg

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
the beltline is still open but i hear it has been super crowded.

we have a 1.5 mile stretch of bike path in the industrial area just south of college park (near the airport hotels) that hardly anyone knows about and no one uses. we have been able to take our daughter there to let her practice her newfound riding skills.

View attachment 6977
I had heard the beltline was still open and super crowded.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I had heard the beltline was still open and super crowded.
i have ridden the michelle obama trail (11 miles out and back, starts at intrenchment creek trail head near i-675) a few times in the past weeks and it wasn't bad. 4-5 cars in the parking lot max and i hardly saw anyone on the actual path.

starting this week, i am only going on solo road rides from my house.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i have ridden the michelle obama trail (11 miles out and back, starts at intrenchment creek trail head near i-675) a few times in the past weeks and it wasn't bad. 4-5 cars in the parking lot max and i hardly saw anyone on the actual path.

starting this week, i am only going on solo road rides from my house.
Be careful riding in the road. Idiots are gonna do idiot things. Getting hit by a car or crashing because an idiot is walking his dog in the road hurts like hell.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Be careful riding in the road. Idiots are gonna do idiot things. Getting hit by a car or crashing because an idiot is walking his dog in the road hurts like hell.
thanks. i'm usually pretty picky about where i ride on the road. i have a good local route that i can ride (can adjust from 14-20 ish miles) that is all low traffic neighborhoods except for a 1 mile stretch along norman berry pkwy and they just put a p.a.t.h. segment on that stretch earlier this year

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.