Bicycle riders

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we got our daughter her first mountain bike this week. this was supposed to be for her birthday this summer, but she had a growth spurt and completely outgrew her other bike so she got it early. she is on the small side for this bike, but will be able to ride it for quite a while. she figured out the hand brakes quickly and is still working on the shifting. i hope to have her riding the beginner trail at southside park by the end of the summer.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i'm going to order my new gravel bike tomorrow. i paused it a month or so to make sure we were going to be able to navigate our business through the covid troubles. i was originally planning on going with the third to the highest component (i think i posted that one a page or two back in the thread), but my wife actually talked me into getting the top end component group (shimano grx 810 with electronic shifting). as a bonus, that is only offered with a hot pink frame, so i get to be that guy.

it's a carbon framed salsa warbird and will be around 20lbs once i put the pedals on. i can't wait to ride it hopefully next week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i'm going to order my new gravel bike tomorrow. i paused it a month or so to make sure we were going to be able to navigate our business through the covid troubles. i was originally planning on going with the third to the highest component (i think i posted that one a page or two back in the thread), but my wife actually talked me into getting the top end component group (shimano grx 810 with electronic shifting). as a bonus, that is only offered with a hot pink frame, so i get to be that guy.

it's a carbon framed salsa warbird and will be around 20lbs once i put the pedals on. i can't wait to ride it hopefully next week.

$6k for a bike. :oops:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Meet Robert Marchand, 108 years old , recognized as the world’s oldest competitive cyclist

Name: Robert Marchant

Born: November 26, 1911 (age 108 years), Amiens, France

Height: 1.5 m

Marchand was born in Amiens, near the frontline of the First World War

Marchand was a firefighter in Paris in the 1930s. He was a prisoner-of-war during World War II. He then moved to Venezuela, where he was a lorry driver and sugarcane planter. In the 1950s he went to Canada, where he had a job as a lumberjack. He returned to France in 1960 and worked as a gardener and wine dealer until 1987.

He took an active part during the strikes of 1936 in France that gave birth to the modern era foundations of French employment legislation.

• Wow
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
We live in "Smynings" about 1 mile from the trail start and near the comet connector. My wife and daughter run/walk the trail about 1x per week - or at least had been prior to lockdown. They did it a few weeks ago when nobody was out. Has it been overrun with people now that folks are out and about ? (They closed Riverside Park this week b/c a former UGA player was having training sessions for a a bunch of kids in the park w/o a permit. )

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We live in "Smynings" about 1 mile from the trail start and near the comet connector. My wife and daughter run/walk the trail about 1x per week - or at least had been prior to lockdown. They did it a few weeks ago when nobody was out. Has it been overrun with people now that folks are out and about ? (They closed Riverside Park this week b/c a former UGA player was having training sessions for a a bunch of kids in the park w/o a permit. )
Yep, it is very crowded and most don't know trail etiquette (walking in the middle, while walking just suddenly turning without even bothering to look, not announcing that they are passing you). One of the bike show workers told me their business is up 600%. You actually have to make an appointment.

I did 10 miles tonight, and going to try for 10-12 tomorrow.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep, it is very crowded and most don't know trail etiquette (walking in the middle, while walking just suddenly turning without even bothering to look, not announcing that they are passing you). One of the bike show workers told me their business is up 600%. You actually have to make an appointment.

I did 10 miles tonight, and going to try for 10-12 tomorrow.
the shop i go to has been absolutely slammed the past three months. have heard of other shops blowing away their biggest year records by may. i have also talked to lots of parents who are having a hard time finding bikes for their kids

'The new toilet paper:' Bikes are flying off shelves, overwhelming shops Matt McFarland byline

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
piked up the bike yesterday and was able to get a 20 mile gravel road ride in last night. it is unbelievable how smooth and fast this bike is on rough surfaces.
For that kind of money, it had better be. ;)

Glad it meets your expectations.

Reactions: 92tide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.