All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2018 QB Layne Hatcher Commits to Bama

He signed a NLI with Arkansas State in February, so this is a legit scholarship offer and not a walk-on.

Apparently threw for 700+ yards in one game in high school, which is absurd.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

He signed a NLI with Arkansas State in February, so this is a legit scholarship offer and not a walk-on.

Apparently threw for 700+ yards in one game in high school, which is absurd.
Not so fast my friend he didn't sign.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So he didn't sign with Arkansas State like 247 reports on his profile.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]At least one more signal caller will join the Crimson Tide’s roster for the 2018 season as three-star quarterback [FONT=proxima_nova_rgbold]Layne Hatcher[/FONT] flipped his commitment from Arkansas State to Alabama on Friday. [/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]"For a while they've been wanting to do a preferred walk-on type of situation, but we didn't think that was the best idea for me," Hatcher told BamaOnLine. "Then today they came back and gave me an offer to come play for them. I was super excited and I was all onboard for it." [/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The Little Rock (Ark.) Pulaski Academy product had committed to the Red Wolves back in February and held a ceremonial signing ceremony, but never actually signed with the program, which allowed the Tide to stay in contact. [/FONT]
Link

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Side note his TE was Hudson Henry the #1 TE in 19 (having said that he will likely go to Stanford)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Coming in this year? Somebody gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, 2018. Nobody knows if anybody is gone. We need a 4th scholarship QB on the roster and this is why we were pursuing the grad transfer from ECU. This signing has nothing to do with somebody leaving but that possibility could present itself.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Jalen leaves you need a 3rd QB. Other than that, this makes no sense. He is not going to play QB for Alabama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If Jalen leaves you need a 3rd QB. Other than that, this makes no sense. He is not going to play QB for Alabama
Agree...alot of things would have to happen for him to ever play at Bama. He might have an eye for coaching and see Bama as a much better option than even if he could play at Ak.St.

I said in the other thread that he looks like a Greg McElroy type player.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Agree...alot of things would have to happen for him to ever play at Bama. He might have an eye for coaching and see Bama as a much better option than even if he could play at Ak.St.
Or be on the Dan Enos developmental QB squad for two years then take his game elsewhere that would still be above Arky State status.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think it's all about Jalen leaving. Two scholarship QBs is a really desperate situation. This gives Alabama somewhat of a margin for error there, they don't want to be like Maryland a few years ago, trying to play a linebacker at quarterback. Heck, you know all about how you can end up playing your third stringer at QB...

This reminds me of when Alabama landed Parker McLeod. He always seemed like a long shot, but at the time I think Alabama was feeling kind of desperate about who their future QB was going to be.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.