2019 Roster

Mtram

Jul 13, 2017
Hearing only 10 players left from 2018 team. Not sure who the 10 are though.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Yeah, unfortunately that shouldn't come as a surprise. I think that Goff felt the roster had to be completely started over with, and many of us felt that he was being unfair and disloyal. After this past season, seeing how hard the guys played for Coach Bo, it is obvious that even with the greatest will in the world this team is not going to compete at the highest levels without some changes.

All I can say is thank you to the folks who stayed and played and wish them the very best.

Rtr

Junkman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 27, 2017
Its true. Massive cuts. The 2019 team will be virtually unrecognizable. Bohannon did exactly what Goff attempted to do. I hope all the JUCO kids show up otherwise the roster will be short.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
So, ten returning players, 11 high school kids, and 6-8 JUCO guys? Those are the numbers talked about here for awhile. Is that enough?

Rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
I don't know about the returning players, but I always assumed there would be a lot of turnover this year (I assumed it last year, too, but Goff just went about it the wrong way). With the seniors leaving, plus the ones I have heard weren't invited back,

For sure leaving:
Avant - Sr
Henry - Sr
Short - Sr
Walters - Sr
Alexander - Sr
Adams - Sr

Potentially leaving:
Vance - Jr (Draft)
Taylor - Jr (Draft - I don't see it with how this year went)
Holcombe - Jr (Draft - Again, I don't see it, but I've been wrong before)

Rumored to be not coming back:
Manning - Jr
Kaufman - Jr
Malkin - Jr
Greene - Fr
Duarte - So
Duke - Jr
Sartain - Jr

Since we only carried 31 players last year, that leaves 15 players, so to get to 10 that means there's 5 more we don't know about yet. And that's IF Taylor and Holcombe both turn pro.

TBH, in the "rumored" list, really surprised to see both Malkin AND Kaufman in that list. Also, Greene, considering he's only a freshman. Also, those can be wrong, but that's just what I've heard.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
For sure leaving:
Avant - Sr
Henry - Sr
Short - Sr
Walters - Sr
Alexander - Sr
Adams - Sr

Potentially leaving:
Vance - Jr (Draft)
Taylor - Jr (Draft - I don't see it with how this year went)
Holcombe - Jr (Draft - Again, I don't see it, but I've been wrong before)

Rumored to be not coming back:
Manning - Jr
Kaufman - Jr
Malkin - Jr
Greene - Fr
Duarte - So
Duke - Jr
Sartain - Jr
It would be huge IMHO if we could keep Vance and Taylor. I just don't see Holcombe getting drafted high enough to warrant him leaving. I really want Vance and Taylor back.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I don't know what kind of arm Kelly has, but speed is one of the things they can't coach into you and he has speed. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got drafted.

Rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
It would be huge IMHO if we could keep Vance and Taylor. I just don't see Holcombe getting drafted high enough to warrant him leaving. I really want Vance and Taylor back.
Agreed on all fronts.

In regards to Taylor, I just don't know that I saw anything this year that would make me assume he'd be drafted. Although, I do think that if he's drafted, he'll sign, but his major struggles at the plate this year could be a "blessing in disguise" with the assumption that he'd bounce back and be the 2017 Taylor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.