Good read on Joe Namath

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
i was a kid , but my family was in the den watching that game. My Dad jumped up and said Joe scored on 3rd down. Later in years and while listening to WDJC radio in B'ham one day in 1990...Dr Gaylon McCullolah (I am certain I have misspelled his name. Sorry) was a guest to be interviewed, and Gaylon was a Tide OL player in 1964 against Texas. He made the comment that on 3rd down ...Joe scored because Joe was was laying on top of him and HIS hips were on top of the goalline. Coach Bryant also knew it, but he had too much class to whine about it like an Awbun coach might do for the next 10 or 12 years. I think I heard where Gaylon has passed on. Not entirely certain but I saw that somewhere.
It must have been within the last month or so because I saw him and Lee Roy Jordan signing books at the Bryant Museum at A Day game...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I can still hear Coach Bryant pointing out that This or that block was made by Gaylon McCollough. I wish Bama could have beaten Texas and then whipped Arkansas. They don't believe we won anything in '64.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.