JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tide’s recruiting strategy looks geared for sustained dominance
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
May 29th, 2018 03:15 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief May 29, 2018 Among the questions that arose immediately following Alabama’s win over Georgia in the College Football Playoff was one of longevity – both in regards to Alabama’s already-extended position at the top of the sport, and also in regards to Nick Saban’s remaining career. If early returns on […]

Read More Here

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Thanks for the great information, but it might have been easier to look at each section if you also listed the expected returning players.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nice article. My only quibble is in thinking g Jonah Williams is 50/50 to stay/leave. It’s mlre like 5/95.
I’ve gathered Jonah wants to stay all four years. We’ll see how he feels in January when the NFL provides its evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’ve gathered Jonah wants to stay all four years. We’ll see how he feels in January when the NFL provides its evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed - he is already being discussed as a first rounder. Let's see if he wins the Outland.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks for the great information, but it might have been easier to look at each section if you also listed the expected returning players.
I tried to look at this more as a focus on player-minus vs. player-plus. Adding in the whole of the numbers at each spot winds up giving you a lot of names, when the story was more or less going to be about how do you mitigate the number of losses at each position group.

One thing I'd like to see: Rebalancing away from the OL a bit, where numbers are stout, and towards the DL, if possible. We all held our collective breath last year hoping the starting unit would stay together. Had Raekwon Davis not come on strongly in the second half of the year, the temporary loss of Da'Shawn Hand might have been especially penal.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
This is an outstanding summary of where we are at, and I like the format of minus-plus rather than revisiting the whole roster. The amplification that we are solid or thin at a position is fine.

In terms of personnel, I would like to see one more elite running back to prime the pump for two seasons down the road. Given that Saban plays 5 Dimensional Space Chess, there is probably one of these in the queue.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Thanks for the article, Jess.
Nice to have some football to read about while stuck in the horse latitudes from May to August.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One thing I'd like to see: Rebalancing away from the OL a bit, where numbers are stout, and towards the DL, if possible. We all held our collective breath last year hoping the starting unit would stay together. Had Raekwon Davis not come on strongly in the second half of the year, the temporary loss of Da'Shawn Hand might have been especially penal.
The staff would have liked to do that, too, but the last two DL classes have been fairly weak. Looks like this year's class is much better, and the new staff is getting several top targets.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.