Link: Top 25 most intimidating college football stadiums in 2018

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I remember going to the game @ LSU when it was Saban's first game there at Alabama. I got the tickets from someone who was literally afraid to go. Now, that's intimidating.
I doubt that had to do with how loud / intimidating the fans in the stadium might be, but more about the reputation of LSU fans. I had a blast there, no one messed with me, but I've heard some pretty nasty stories from people I know who were treated badly by those fans...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I doubt that had to do with how loud / intimidating the fans in the stadium might be, but more about the reputation of LSU fans. I had a blast there, no one messed with me, but I've heard some pretty nasty stories from people I know who were treated badly by those fans...
I think they are a different culture of fans that if you don’t have thin skin and can cut up then everyone has a great time. We got fed by total strangers after we took the Tiger Bait well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think they are a different culture of fans that if you don’t have thin skin and can cut up then everyone has a great time. We got fed by total strangers after we took the Tiger Bait well.
Yah, we were treated great, though part of that was due to LSUgradBamaDad hooking us up. But tons of strangers were completely cool with us, making joking comments and such, nothing serious.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yah, we were treated great, though part of that was due to LSUgradBamaDad hooking us up. But tons of strangers were completely cool with us, making joking comments and such, nothing serious.
Yeah my only regret is that I didn’t get to see their version of the Walk of Champions or Mike ( he just died when I went:( ). I plan to go again this year as well. I’ll probably never go to Auburn or UGA again, but aTm and LSU I recommend to any true college football fan because they have some of the best traditions and atmospheres I’ve ever seen.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'd tend to agree, I had a great time and I was in the end zone right at the edge of the Alabama section (so LSU fans were on one side of me). But I guess overall there's just more of a... let's say aura? With what LSU has going on with their games, all the way down to always getting to play at night for big games and so on. The environment certainly seems to be in people's heads more.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Never been to Tiger Stadium but the quickest way to shut a LSU fan up is letting the score board do the talking.

I was in NOLA for the Bama/LSU BSCNCG and while they were out pregame with their Tiger Bait confidence, they where no were to be seen afterwards seeing most of them left during the fourth quarter.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Never been to Tiger Stadium but the quickest way to shut a LSU fan up is letting the score board do the talking.

I was in NOLA for the Bama/LSU BSCNCG and while they were out pregame with their Tiger Bait confidence, they where no were to be seen afterwards seeing most of them left during the fourth quarter.
Well I think in a way that particular game they had a reason to be confident. They beat us at home, Miles had become the 2nd coach to beat CNS in consecutive games, we had an unproven qb ( entering but not leaving), and it was in NOLA ( the sight of their last 2 NCs 03 and 07). I heard they were worst than normal that game, but I’ve also heard they are worst away from BR than in it.

I think they are pretty fun fans to be around down there if you can take the initial ribbing. It’s more of a power check, and if you pass that check then they are cool with you. They aren’t UGA or Auburn fans in which the jabs are very personal ( for the most part).

I would say by far the nicest fans are aTm and Missouri fans at their places.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I remember a few years ago where Trevor Mattich of ESPN said the actual BDS stadium appearance was intimidating when talking about the Walk of Champions end and said it was like something out of the movie Transformers. I would think teams that do come to BDS are intimidated by the stadium itself based on just the appearance and the history and then you throw a bunch of 4* and 5* players at them in front of 100,000 fans and it has to be amazingly intimidating.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Death Valley is still louder than BDS and more hostile due to the fans imo. I went in 2016 for the Bama-LSU game and it’s probably the loudest outdoor stadium I’ve ever been in and I’ve been to pretty much all BDS games in the last 8 years and I can honestly say 2016 LSU is just louder. It’s mostly because how Tiger Stadium is built and their culture as fans. Alabama has this distinct divide between fans who really get in to games and fans that believe it’s a crime to stand up during a game. LSU has a large percent of drunk into the game fans. They are just loud..
Alcohol induced...but totally agree!

Last edited:

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Loudest I've ever personally heard B-D was all the way back in 2003 when we played a heck of a close game against OU - which at the time was nearly at the top of the "food chain" in college football.
BUT - Caveat - I was sitting very low in the bowl for that game, and most games since I've been in one of the decks - SO I can't claim its a fair comparison!!! :)
I was at that game. The stadium was went from explosively loud to total silence when OU hit that fake punt.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I am not sure if the stadiums/crowds on that list are necessarily intimidating so much as the teams that play in those stadiums, but it is a cool off-season slideshow.
Good post and true. Often folks confuse loud with intimidating, but as you have alluded to, the 'Shoe is loud, but if Miami of Ohio played there instead of OSU it wouldn't be particularly intimidating and the same applies to Bryant-Denny or any other home stadium for a major team. Few stadiums are louder than Death/Deaf Valley in Baton Rouge but Bama has a better winning percentage there than does the home team. In point in fact, LSU once went over 20 years without their fans seeing a win over Bama in that stadium, and they haven't been fairing too well lately there for that matter either. Talk to players and they'll almost to a man tell you that it revs them up to go into a loud, rowdy stadium and hear the high decibel noise and listen to it slowly go silent as they grind the home team down. Always been that way, always will be that way as long as you have real competitors on a team. Real players glory in beating down the opponent's fans along with the opposing team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.