News Article: Not Just Tua's Little Bro: Taulia Tagovailoa Could Be a Future NFL No. 1 Pick

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have no idea how good he is, but that article has me pretty excited to find out.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Let’s let him get on campus, develop, and see if he translates HS success to the SEC before we start talking about the NFL at all, let alone a #1 pick.

I’m a huge fan, and want Taulia to have all the success. But jeez, Kramer, the kid just finished his junior year of HS. A bit early for that kind of expectation, don’t you think?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Let’s let him get on campus, develop, and see if he translates HS success to the SEC before we start talking about the NFL at all, let alone a #1 pick.

I’m a huge fan, and want Taulia to have all the success. But jeez, Kramer, the kid just finished his junior year of HS. A bit early for that kind of expectation, don’t you think?
No soup for you!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I agree. I tend to be a wait and see type a guy when it comes to high school recruits. I do like that he is wearing #12.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

LOL!! NEVER Too early for Bama fans!!!! :D

I can well remember the summer of 2014, back when I was posting on BamaMag's board; and getting ragged for suggesting that maybe - Just MAYBE, we should "tap the brakes" on the "Coker for Hiesman" talk that was blowing up back then..... ;)

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
As a Thompson fan who never misses a game and has seen a fair share of football, let me just add my $.02:

Be excited. Be very excited.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
LOL!! NEVER Too early for Bama fans!!!! :D

I can well remember the summer of 2014, back when I was posting on BamaMag's board; and getting ragged for suggesting that maybe - Just MAYBE, we should "tap the brakes" on the "Coker for Hiesman" talk that was blowing up back then..... ;)
As a Thompson fan who never misses a game and has seen a fair share of football, let me just add my $.02:

It's hard to stomp out excitement. It is what it is!

FWIW, I'd worry about alot of HS kids getting this type of press, but I really think he has a great support system with his family and he'll be playing for the best coach in the world that knows how to temper expectation.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My biggest concern is what happens in 2019 with Tua as the starter. Will Taulia accept a limited back-up role or transfer?
He'll be fine with playing most of the second half in all those blowouts! Not sure I need blue font. :biggrin:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I rarely read these things but that is excellent.

June Jones demoted himself to OC in a high school so he would work with Taulia. Wow.
Impressive resume as a coach, but why was it that he was dubbed "the worst coach in America" at one time?

btw this is ex SMU head coach. Not to be mixed up with Joey Jones, fmr South Alabama. I had to look him up to see who he was.

I really think Taulia might be the truth with that level of coaching already. Intangibles that many struggle to pick up on are being instilled into Taulia that can take some other 5 star recruits years to learn. And he has his older brother showing him every step of the way. It's like the modern day Manning family (liberal pun intended). That's very exciting, and I hope he decides to follow so closely with his brother and chooses to sign with Bama.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

After all the years of bad football, I bet you enjoyed the last couple years. (My son is a Thompson grad).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Impressive resume as a coach, but why was it that he was dubbed "the worst coach in America" at one time?

btw this is ex SMU head coach. Not to be mixed up with Joey Jones, fmr South Alabama. I had to look him up to see who he was.

I really think Taulia might be the truth with that level of coaching already. Intangibles that many struggle to pick up on are being instilled into Taulia that can take some other 5 star recruits years to learn. And he has his older brother showing him every step of the way. It's like the modern day Manning family (liberal pun intended). That's very exciting, and I hope he decides to follow so closely with his brother and chooses to sign with Bama.
June Jones was the protege of Mouse Davis, inventor of the run and shoot (and my HS football coach in Portland, Oregon in 67-68.) June refined the run and shoot through the years. He is a great offensive mind. I can remember when he brought a Hawaii team to Bama -- during the Shula years I believe -- and almost beat us. Quite honestly, the refs helped us out or we would have lost. Anyway, if he says this kid is the real deal, then he is the real deal.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.