The Alternative Reality of Fox News

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Not sure what you're saying.

Politicians want me to like and respect the media?
No, read the quotes.

Trump and his campaign wanted to sow distrust of the media, and they have partnered with Fox News to spread conspiracy, falsehood, and division. The president himself admits to weaponizing the free press to sow discord, and you are responding in precisely the way he wants, while merely pretending to float above fray. You've been conned.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
This is a fascinating study that will probably trigger most of the board.

The tl;dr is that Fox News has created a bubble of falsehoods and tailored news coverage that insulates its viewers from reality. While other news networks have their own biases and points of emphasis, none are as flagrant, misleading, and damaging to democracy (which places power in the hands of people and assumes a shared set of facts) as Fox News.

CLICK THE LINK

I can't embed the diagrams that show which news items are over- and underemphasized on Fox compared to other networks, but it's fascinating. You'll have to click the link to interact.

The theme is tribalism, which shouldn't surprise anyone who's been paying attention. But there are differential effects reinforced by self-curated echo chambers, notably including Fox News. In 2017, self-identified conservatives are more likely to brand true stories as falsehoods if they impugn a politician ideologically aligned with themselves. Self-identified liberals do the same (which is also unacceptable) but there's a statistical difference between the two groups.

But the tribalism does cut both ways, as one would expect:

I would think before you post all your stats and facts you might want to check the source of the article.

VOX is a left wing liberal web site. So that bit of information just gave this story all the validation it needs to be considered a reliable source of information.

Keep on drinking the KoolAide its better than believing the vitriol that CNN and MSNBC pump on the airwaves ever day.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I would think before you post all your stats and facts you might want to check the source of the article. VOX is a left wing liberal web site.
So? Check the footnotes on the graphs I linked if you want to know where the data came from.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
footnotes are just a liberal plot to distract us from the fact that the clintons had kate spade killed.
I actually heard some people say that every bad story about Donald Trump which comes out in the liberal fake news media is to help cover up for Hillary killing again and speeding up the process of her quickening. After the 666th bad story about Donald Trump she will reemerge from her Uranium lined cocoon and eat the hearts of all Americans.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I actually heard some people say that every bad story about Donald Trump which comes out in the liberal fake news media is to help cover up for Hillary killing again and speeding up the process of her quickening. After the 666th bad story about Donald Trump she will reemerge from her Uranium lined cocoon and eat the hearts of all Americans.
One can only assume that she's cleverly hidden this Uranium-lined cocoon within a server in the basement of a D.C. pizza parlor, from which she and her conspirator, Dr. Ben Ghazi, gleefully oversee child sex trafficking through a peephole.

Some people cannot be helped.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i got what i posted from some freakshow lady that is on my wife's facebook. she posted this along with "proof" that the pedophile ring from pizzagate is going strong and is being covered up by the deep state.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I would think before you post all your stats and facts you might want to check the source of the article.

VOX is a left wing liberal web site. So that bit of information just gave this story all the validation it needs to be considered a reliable source of information.

Keep on drinking the KoolAide its better than believing the vitriol that CNN and MSNBC pump on the airwaves ever day.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/
Vox is liberal leaning and its clear in their writing. That said their data tends to be solid. But as Paul Krugman likes to say "Facts have a well-known liberal bias."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think VOX does present a great deal of misinformation, but they aren’t blatantly lying like Fox or the TYT. I think where VOX goes wrong is when they try way too hard to prove points, but they do pull from reputable sources and not sources that only agree with them.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
As long as various entities pit one American against another....our political system likely remains as is.

Not acceptable to me.

YMMV......
and yet the guy you voted for and continually defend is one of if not the largest provocateurs of this behavior.

ever heard the term useful idiot? You should look it up

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
and yet the guy you voted for and continually defend is one of if not the largest provocateurs of this behavior.

I find Sheriff Clarke and Jimmy Dore everytime I look it up.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Now there is something original...lol....

Isn't what you just posted "whataboutism"?

OK to use sometimes......but not other times?

Only when it fits the narrative?

Hypocritical?

All of the above?

I don't mind anyone responding to any of my posts but if every response is "what about you voted for xxx" and "he did/does xxx" we're never going to get anywhere in dialogue.

Let's get on with it......something original, please.....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.