The Alternative Reality of Fox News

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes, was trying to stay on thread topic regarding Fox. They support Trump thus they are a target of those who are anti-trump. In the meantime....a lot of Americans wasting time debating what media is legit and which ones aren't. When we should be finding common ground and fighting against all media that is biased.

It's 2018 and we haven't made much progress. If you disagree with that then I don't know what to say. Too much friction between Americans.

Whose fault do you think it is?

Those who voted for Trump?

LOL.....right. Don't fall into that trap. Waste of oxygen even discussing.

Big picture......
Bazza the liberal hatred towards Fox has been strong for sometime. I think FOX, like many things, started out as a reputable alternative to CNN and NBC but devolved into Breitbart lite. I’m no liberal and no conservative, but atleast since 03 and 04 Fox has made a rapid progression towards being the conservative equivalent of the TYT in that it’s moronic blowhards spreading lies and propaganda to influence the less informed populace into ideological mobilization in support of radical doctrine. I think it got at its craziest in the last 10 years.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza the liberal hatred towards Fox has been strong for sometime. I think FOX, like many things, started out as a reputable alternative to CNN and NBC but devolved into Breitbart lite. I’m no liberal and no conservative, but atleast since 03 and 04 Fox has made a rapid progression towards being the conservative equivalent of the TYT in that it’s moronic blowhards spreading lies and propaganda to influence the less informed populace into ideological mobilization in support of radical doctrine. I think it got at its craziest in the last 10 years.
Thanks....I get all that. But I never argued Fox wasn't biased. I only "commented" that they are all biased.

Note I said "commented"...not argued. I try to offer alternative ways of looking at things. For some - they will never move away from their comfort zone. That's OK. It's the nature of the beast, as they say.....

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Seriously, ya'll need to take a deep breath and enjoy Fox News for its eye candy!! :)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Thanks....I get all that. But I never argued Fox wasn't biased. I only "commented" that they are all biased.

Note I said "commented"...not argued. I try to offer alternative ways of looking at things. For some - they will never move away from their comfort zone. That's OK. It's the nature of the beast, as they say.....
I think most take umbrage with the false equivalencies. To say "they all do it" and leaving it at that gives the impression that you feel there is no measurable difference between any of the media outlets or politicians. When people are pointing out the egregious behavior of certain examples, you tend to fall back to a defensive position of "hey guys I am just offering my own opinion" without actually mustering an actual legitimate logical argument regarding how that one position has a counter example.

Now I am not going to try and say I haven't done the same thing, as I have been known to drop some drive by snark now and then. But to expect that just leaving "comments" and when people challenge you on them, labeling them as unwilling to change their mindset, is disingenuous. You are essentially making a statement, without proof, and when challenged upon that statement, falling back to the position that it is just an opinion and people need to be more open minded.

I'll debate anything with anyone, as I love sharpening my arguments. If I don't expose myself to as many ideas as possible, I am doing myself a disservice. If you ever want to discuss things, I would be glad to, but I don't want to spend my time trying to make a cogent argument only to have it dismissed because it doesn't jive with your world view which in turn makes me the one afraid to move away from my comfort zone.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Seriously, ya'll need to take a deep breath and enjoy Fox News for its eye candy!! :)
its 2018 and you clearly have the internet why in the world would you listen to crazy, lying propaganda just to see an attractive female (or male no judging here) when there are about a billion alternatives a click away?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I think most take umbrage with the false equivalencies. To say "they all do it" and leaving it at that gives the impression that you feel there is no measurable difference between any of the media outlets or politicians. When people are pointing out the egregious behavior of certain examples, you tend to fall back to a defensive position of "hey guys I am just offering my own opinion" without actually mustering an actual legitimate logical argument regarding how that one position has a counter example.

Now I am not going to try and say I haven't done the same thing, as I have been known to drop some drive by snark now and then. But to expect that just leaving "comments" and when people challenge you on them, labeling them as unwilling to change their mindset, is disingenuous. You are essentially making a statement, without proof, and when challenged upon that statement, falling back to the position that it is just an opinion and people need to be more open minded.

I'll debate anything with anyone, as I love sharpening my arguments. If I don't expose myself to as many ideas as possible, I am doing myself a disservice. If you ever want to discuss things, I would be glad to, but I don't want to spend my time trying to make a cogent argument only to have it dismissed because it doesn't jive with your world view which in turn makes me the one afraid to move away from my comfort zone.
I appreciate your response and comments.

Not sure I totally agree with all that you wrote but will give some thought.

Cheers! :)

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
its 2018 and you clearly have the internet why in the world would you listen to crazy, lying propaganda just to see an attractive female (or male no judging here) when there are about a billion alternatives a click away?
Jeez, dude- relax take a deep breath/ get outside and enjoy life. I was only trying to add some levity to the discussion. I'm out

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I agree that Fox took a turn some time ago and has grown increasingly...biased...to the point of stretching the truth past the breaking point. Obviously biased toward republicans. To say it is "conservative" is not true. I haven't watched it in some time as every time I tried it was past ridiculous.

I can't watch MSNBC or haven't in a long time. The bias leans far left and the last I tried was on par with Fox.

CNN is barely tolerable and sometimes not even that. There is a definite left bias.

NPR has a left bent but can be very informative at times because the format seems to impart more information without the crazy talk over each over shouting that takes place on other outlets.

One thing I've noticed when watching around people with differing viewpoints is that they are generally very quick to pick up bias that goes against their grain but bias that leans their direction is barely noticed if at all. So a left leaning person might watch CNN and not notice much bias or even think in some cases it leans too far to the right (it doesn't at all that I've seen). Fox viewers would not be much different based on their perspective.

Which is "worse" seems a silly argument and depends almost entirely on your own perspective. I tend to be able to cut through or ignore most of the bias if it is contained somewhat and information is passed more than mere rhetoric. NPR is probably best at this (on radio, anyway) and CNN is probably next best (from my perspective).

When it comes down to it Reason is my favorite. It is definitely libertarian and they tear apart inconsistencies on the left and right.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I agree - no Fox and no MSNBC. I'm not sure CNN is left so much as anti-Trump. A lot of people confuse the two...
I still consider what I saw during the Obama years when the truth was stretched and everyone who voiced dissent (seemingly at times) was racist for doing so. I also notice how they treat issues like gun control. Those and other examples inform my view.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I agree that Fox took a turn some time ago and has grown increasingly...biased...to the point of stretching the truth past the breaking point. Obviously biased toward republicans. To say it is "conservative" is not true. I haven't watched it in some time as every time I tried it was past ridiculous.

I can't watch MSNBC or haven't in a long time. The bias leans far left and the last I tried was on par with Fox.

CNN is barely tolerable and sometimes not even that. There is a definite left bias.

NPR has a left bent but can be very informative at times because the format seems to impart more information without the crazy talk over each over shouting that takes place on other outlets.

One thing I've noticed when watching around people with differing viewpoints is that they are generally very quick to pick up bias that goes against their grain but bias that leans their direction is barely noticed if at all. So a left leaning person might watch CNN and not notice much bias or even think in some cases it leans too far to the right (it doesn't at all that I've seen). Fox viewers would not be much different based on their perspective.

Which is "worse" seems a silly argument and depends almost entirely on your own perspective. I tend to be able to cut through or ignore most of the bias if it is contained somewhat and information is passed more than mere rhetoric. NPR is probably best at this (on radio, anyway) and CNN is probably next best (from my perspective).

When it comes down to it Reason is my favorite. It is definitely libertarian and they tear apart inconsistencies on the left and right.
fair, but don't discount Reason's blindspots, Libertarians have unshakable dogma too even if it is far looser than most

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I agree - no Fox and no MSNBC. I'm not sure CNN is left so much as anti-Trump. A lot of people confuse the two...
Seems like the folks at CNN actually like Trump. Look at all the free publicity he gets! They keep this up and he's a shoe in for another 4 years...assuming he's interested.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.