Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Cell conversation with my wife yesterday as she tries to park in Publix parking garage - "I have to park in the garage. There's a woman about to leave. She's parked into two places. But, she's in a BMW, so she's special. Well, she's either changing a baby or unwrapping a present. A candy bar! She got out a candy bar! She's eating it! She's eating a candy bar, sitting, straddling two spaces with her door open, eating a XXXX candy bar! Checking her phone. Now she's aware people are waiting, pulling out. At last. Later"... :D

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Cell conversation with my wife yesterday as she tries to park in Publix parking garage - "I have to park in the garage. There's a woman about to leave. She's parked into two places. But, she's in a BMW, so she's special. Well, she's either changing a baby or unwrapping a present. A candy bar! She got out a candy bar! She's eating it! She's eating a candy bar, sitting, straddling two spaces with her door open, eating a XXXX candy bar! Checking her phone. Now she's aware people are waiting, pulling out. At last. Later"... :D
Your Publix has an actual garage to park in?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Your Publix has an actual garage to park in?
Well, it's sort of boutique, smaller than most. It's nestled up against the hospital complex. The bottom floor is Publix parking. The upper levels are mostly for doctors' offices. There are walkways over to towers with MD offices. There are no other Publixes in town with garages...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Having a conversation with someone when they get a notification on their phone and look down to read it AND interact with it.

I get glancing briefly at it to see what the nature of the notification is, but I have that issue with my friends. They do it to one another and do it to me. They get a text and then proceed to look away and type on their phone right in the middle of me or someone else speaking. I just stop talking the moment they look away. So rude.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
She said a worty dird.
:wink:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
When there are adults trying to talk about adult things and someone's kid(s) keeps coming up and the conversation has to stop until the kid(s) finally decide to walk off 20 minutes later. I'll never understand why the parents of the kid(s) refuse to simply say "You need to go play we are having an adult conversation." Happened last night at my brother and sister in-law's house. Drives me insane. Kids do not need to have that type control.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Complicated coffees. I was standing in line at the coffee shop and everyone ahead of me has to order a double frappe latte something something with such and such that takes five minutes to make. Me, medium black coffee, 10 seconds to make. Coffee, cream, sugar; that should be all of the choices available.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well, it's sort of boutique, smaller than most. It's nestled up against the hospital complex. The bottom floor is Publix parking. The upper levels are mostly for doctors' offices. There are walkways over to towers with MD offices. There are no other Publixes in town with garages...
There is one in Birmingham on Southside that has one. It is above a condo. There are a few in Atlanta that are part of a mall that have a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Complicated coffees. I was standing in line at the coffee shop and everyone ahead of me has to order a double frappe latte something something with such and such that takes five minutes to make. Me, medium black coffee, 10 seconds to make. Coffee, cream, sugar; that should be all of the choices available.
Absolutely hate Starbucks. I only go there when my oldest daughter is visiting to pickup her order. I am amazed people would pay for a flavored, sweetened, $7.50 cup of motor oil.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here is one that I have to deal with on a regular basis.
At the airport, at baggage checking, there always seems to be one problem customer that takes an hour to get sorted out. "I want to pay for my ticket in Ottoman lira." And then, "Oh, I wanted a left-handed ticket." And then, "Oh, I wanted the vegan meal." And then, "I can't sit within ten rows of a lavatory." I have seen one of these customers take an entire hour to get their bags checked.
Me, I have my passport out, and my reservation number ready on my phone. The entire process takes me 90 seconds.
I wish the airlines would have a "difficult customer" check-in, so us normal, no problems people could zip through.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Agreed. Invariably, I'm scrounging for coffee in an airport in the morning, and there is a line 25 persons long because everyone is getting double frappacinon espressos with soy milk, when I just want a cup of coffee, no fillers.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Here is one that I have to deal with on a regular basis.
At the airport, at baggage checking, there always seems to be one problem customer that takes an hour to get sorted out. "I want to pay for my ticket in Ottoman lira." And then, "Oh, I wanted a left-handed ticket." And then, "Oh, I wanted the vegan meal." And then, "I can't sit within ten rows of a lavatory." I have seen one of these customers take an entire hour to get their bags checked.
Me, I have my passport out, and my reservation number ready on my phone. The entire process takes me 90 seconds.
I wish the airlines would have a "difficult customer" check-in, so us normal, no problems people could zip through.
There should be a "no problem" airline that sells tickets only to adults that have only one true carry on size bag that they place it in the overhead bin above their own seat. This airline should have their own lane at the TSA checkpoint and everyone is TSA pre-checked and knows how to rid themself of all metal objects before they reach the metal detector. But because such an airline doesn't exist, I avoid flying if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.