Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Re: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

People who talk during movies in the theater. Went to go see the newest Incredibles movie and a guy next to us apparently thought everyone in the theatre wanted his commentary and opinion on the film. Not only that, he was somehow convinced that interlacing his commentary with swears in a kids movie filled with families and young children was just as acceptable.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Cell conversation with my wife yesterday as she tries to park in Publix parking garage - "I have to park in the garage. There's a woman about to leave. She's parked into two places. But, she's in a BMW, so she's special. Well, she's either changing a baby or unwrapping a present. A candy bar! She got out a candy bar! She's eating it! She's eating a candy bar, sitting, straddling two spaces with her door open, eating a XXXX candy bar! Checking her phone. Now she's aware people are waiting, pulling out. At last. Later"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Cell conversation with my wife yesterday as she tries to park in Publix parking garage - "I have to park in the garage. There's a woman about to leave. She's parked into two places. But, she's in a BMW, so she's special. Well, she's either changing a baby or unwrapping a present. A candy bar! She got out a candy bar! She's eating it! She's eating a candy bar, sitting, straddling two spaces with her door open, eating a XXXX candy bar! Checking her phone. Now she's aware people are waiting, pulling out. At last. Later"...
    Your Publix has an actual garage to park in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Nevermind...just found an Internet pic of it......

Well, it's sort of boutique, smaller than most. It's nestled up against the hospital complex. The bottom floor is Publix parking. The upper levels are mostly for doctors' offices. There are walkways over to towers with MD offices. There are no other Publixes in town with garages...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Nevermind...just found an Internet pic of it......

That's one entrance. There are two. It's usually not crowded but, yesterday, my wife said the sprawling candy bar eater had the only vacant space(s)...

That's one entrance. There are two. It's usually not crowded but, yesterday, my wife said the ENTITLED sprawling candy bar eater had the only vacant space(s)...
    Fixed!

Please give the better half a Hotty Toddy for me......

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Fixed!

Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Fixed!

She's also making me take out the car make...

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    He's referring to her being an Oxford native and Ole Miss grad. However, she's converted to a Bama fan now...

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Having a conversation with someone when they get a notification on their phone and look down to read it AND interact with it.

I get glancing briefly at it to see what the nature of the notification is, but I have that issue with my friends. They do it to one another and do it to me. They get a text and then proceed to look away and type on their phone right in the middle of me or someone else speaking. I just stop talking the moment they look away. So rude.

BamaNation All-American

She said a worty dird.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Precisely.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov