Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The airline deal reminds me of people that wait until all their groceries are checked before they pull out their checkbook and start to write the check. Many times, it is a woman and she has to do a little extra digging to get the checkbook out of her purse. In most cases, the check should be partially filled in before the cashier is finished ringing up the total.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hardly ever drink coffee. More in the winter months. And I always make my own at home. Have never in my life ever bought it from a "coffee place".
I am glad to know, I am not alone in mostly drinking coffee in the winter. Everyone I know thinks that is "weird".

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There should be a "no problem" airline that sells tickets only to adults that have only one true carry on size bag that they place it in the overhead bin above their own seat. This airline should have their own lane at the TSA checkpoint and everyone is TSA pre-checked and knows how to rid themself of all metal objects before they reach the metal detector. But because such an airline doesn't exist, I avoid flying if at all possible.
Another airline thing that bugs me is the loading procedure. (I fly internationally a lot).
The gate personnel will tel passengers to get their passport out and have it opened to the page with the picture. The gate personnel will tell people that they can only have one carry-on bag.
When the boarding starts, I do tot know how many people get to the check in and still have not started to get their dadgum, passports out. "Oh, you need my passport?" "Yes, that's why we said so sixteen times over the last 30 minutes.")
And then there are people who have six full garbage bags under their arms as "carry-on luggage."

From my days in the Army, I imagine what wonders one First Sergeant could do to bring order to the chaos.
"Hey, you! Knucklehead! Get out of the line! Go to the back of the line, knock out fifty push-ups for being stupid and not listening, get your dadgum passport out, open it to the picture page and get in the back of the line!"
Just one more time, I'd like to see that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The airline deal reminds me of people that wait until all their groceries are checked before they pull out their checkbook and start to write the check. Many times, it is a woman and she has to do a little extra digging to get the checkbook out of her purse. In most cases, the check should be partially filled in before the cashier is finished ringing up the total.
They should be paying with cash, if you want to get down to brass tacks.....;)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I have two that kill me:

1. A grocery basket in the middle of the aisle.
2. People that drive in the left lane of a divided highway. Stay out of this lane unless you are passing!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UAllday

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Another airline thing that bugs me is the loading procedure. (I fly internationally a lot).
The gate personnel will tel passengers to get their passport out and have it opened to the page with the picture. The gate personnel will tell people that they can only have one carry-on bag.
When the boarding starts, I do tot know how many people get to the check in and still have not started to get their dadgum, passports out. "Oh, you need my passport?" "Yes, that's why we said so sixteen times over the last 30 minutes.")
And then there are people who have six full garbage bags under their arms as "carry-on luggage."

From my days in the Army, I imagine what wonders one First Sergeant could do to bring order to the chaos.
"Hey, you! Knucklehead! Get out of the line! Go to the back of the line, knock out fifty push-ups for being stupid and not listening, get your dadgum passport out, open it to the picture page and get in the back of the line!"
i have to fly a lot and pretty much everything about flying is a pet peeve, especially internationally.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

i have to fly a lot and pretty much everything about flying is a pet peeve, especially internationally.
Either of you have this issue?

Employees at the airport were conducting routine X-rays of luggage when they spotted "suspicious content in a luggage piece," according to the federal police in Berlin. Because it was unclear from the initial scan what the bag contained, an alert was issued shortly before 11 a.m., resulting in the closure of the airport's D terminal while police investigated the suspicious items.

The owner of the bag was called over the airport speaker system and eventually talked to police about his luggage. However, he was reluctant to properly explain the contents of the bag -- possibly because of embarrassment, according to a federal police spokesperson -- saying instead that his luggage contained "technical stuff."

After an hour-long investigation involving a bomb squad, authorities eventually determined that the items were sex toys.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/vibrator-berlin-airport-intl/index.html

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
not sure about tw, but claiming "technical stuff" always works for me ;)

when i was working at the rei in arlington, va long ago i was supervising the customer service department and one day one of the ladies working there called me over to show me the contents of one of the daypacks that had been turned into lost and found (similar situation, and quite a collection). the dude wouldn't make eye contact with them when he picked it up later.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
not sure about tw, but claiming "technical stuff" always works for me ;)

when i was working at the rei in arlington, va long ago i was supervising the customer service department and one day one of the ladies working there called me over to show me the contents of one of the daypacks that had been turned into lost and found (similar situation, and quite a collection). the dude wouldn't make eye contact with them when he picked it up later.
That's why I keep a separate set stored in Europe.

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Absolutely hate Starbucks. I only go there when my oldest daughter is visiting to pickup her order. I am amazed people would pay for a flavored, sweetened, $7.50 cup of motor oil.
I agree. I hate their coffee too. I posted in a thread a while back about my Starbucks experience. I was in the hospital waiting area years ago and Starbucks had airpots of their coffee in there. I got a cup and immediately spit it out because I thought it was awful. I thought it had to be like a day old or something because everyone raves about how good their coffee is. Several weeks later, I decided to see what the fuss was all about, so I went in to get a piping hot fresh cup of regular plain black coffee. I looked at their menu and then had to ask the lady how much just a large black coffee cost. She looked at me strange and says “you want a venti plain coffee?” I told her “I guess if that’s a large plain coffee”. IIRC, it was almost $5. I left and when it cooled enough to take a sip, it was apparent that the stuff in the airpots at the hospital was fresh too. I poured the rest out and have never been back.

ETA: I see they offer an even larger size of their rancid swill now, the Trenta[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I see drivers like this...........every day.........:rolleye2:

Wow!

I see a lot of drivers stopping and waiting in the wrong lanes in order to make a turn that they missed at regular intersections. Instead of making the safe move of continuing on and making a safe u-turn or turning off farther down the road and coming back, they endanger and frustrate a lot of folks to save a minute or so...or less. If its on the interstate, then it takes a little longer to get back to the exit but holy moly your video shows what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.