Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
People who smoke in public places where other people congregate.

Such as store parking lots and out front.

I'm considering getting some kind of respirator or face mask to wear when going to a store now....just to travel from my vehicle to the store.

:rolleye2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
People who smoke in public places where other people congregate.

Such as store parking lots and out front.

I'm considering getting some kind of respirator or face mask to wear when going to a store now....just to travel from my vehicle to the store.

:rolleye2:
I have seen people smoking on biking/running trails. I think I should have legal permission to beat them with my bicycle.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Close Talkers. I have a relative in the hospital so on my lunch break I stopped by to see them. One of the aunts was there visiting as well. I guess I've never noticed or been in a situation that was susceptible to this awfully uncomfortable trait of hers. The more I stepped back the closer she got. My dad is a close talker, but he's my dad so I have no problem telling him "Hey, I can smell your morning coffee."

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Clueless DIYers.

The prior owner of my house did a lot of his own renovations and such. Found a lot of problems over the years. Lots of electrical, open splices in the ceiling, wire coloring reversed or completely wrong etc.

Last night was my latest find.

For the uninitiated, what's happening here is that the switch is breaking the circuit between the phase (or hot, the black one) and the ground (or neutral, the white one).

This is a big no no. When you wire up a light, you break the circuit on the phase, meaning both of those wires should be black.

Why this is dangerous is because that means even when the light switch is off there's still a live line up in the fixture. If you are grounded and touch that line, when you're changing a bulb, for example, it will bite you.

Looks like I found what I'll be doing with my Sunday.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
People who work harder at doing nothing at work than they would if they actually worked. And then thinking they should be applauded just for showing up.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
One day at work they brought in our new area supervisor to meet everyone. He gave a big speech and several times said certain things were a pet peeve.

After he left, my team lead said his pet peeve was people who have a bunch of pet peeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Ha! My wife is a pretty good driver, but I'm never the passenger when we're both in the car. My sister-in-law and my niece ... god help everyone else on the road. Just too passive behind the wheel.
That reminds me on one of mine.
Driving slow in the acceleration lane on the interstate. When folks are driving 20 mph below the speed limit in the acceleration lane in front of me, I get quite cross.
I learned while living in the Tidewater that, if you are driving faster than the traffic you are trying to merge with, what is going on behind you is irrelevant. The acceleration lane is for, wait for it, accelerating. If you are slowing down as you reach the end of the acceleration lane, you are a menace to yourself and everyone around you.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Humans who have offspring and/or pets...when they have no business having offspring and/or pets - because they are way too irresponsible and/or stupid to have offspring and/or pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.