Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

When there are adults trying to talk about adult things and someone's kid(s) keeps coming up and the conversation has to stop until the kid(s) finally decide to walk off 20 minutes later. I'll never understand why the parents of the kid(s) refuse to simply say "You need to go play we are having an adult conversation." Happened last night at my brother and sister in-law's house. Drives me insane. Kids do not need to have that type control.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Complicated coffees. I was standing in line at the coffee shop and everyone ahead of me has to order a double frappe latte something something with such and such that takes five minutes to make. Me, medium black coffee, 10 seconds to make. Coffee, cream, sugar; that should be all of the choices available.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Well, it's sort of boutique, smaller than most. It's nestled up against the hospital complex. The bottom floor is Publix parking. The upper levels are mostly for doctors' offices. There are walkways over to towers with MD offices. There are no other Publixes in town with garages...
    There is one in Birmingham on Southside that has one. It is above a condo. There are a few in Atlanta that are part of a mall that have a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    Complicated coffees. I was standing in line at the coffee shop and everyone ahead of me has to order a double frappe latte something something with such and such that takes five minutes to make. Me, medium black coffee, 10 seconds to make. Coffee, cream, sugar; that should be all of the choices available.
    Absolutely hate Starbucks. I only go there when my oldest daughter is visiting to pickup her order. I am amazed people would pay for a flavored, sweetened, $7.50 cup of motor oil.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I hardly ever drink coffee. More in the winter months. And I always make my own at home. Have never in my life ever bought it from a "coffee place".

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Here is one that I have to deal with on a regular basis.
    At the airport, at baggage checking, there always seems to be one problem customer that takes an hour to get sorted out. "I want to pay for my ticket in Ottoman lira." And then, "Oh, I wanted a left-handed ticket." And then, "Oh, I wanted the vegan meal." And then, "I can't sit within ten rows of a lavatory." I have seen one of these customers take an entire hour to get their bags checked.
    Me, I have my passport out, and my reservation number ready on my phone. The entire process takes me 90 seconds.
    I wish the airlines would have a "difficult customer" check-in, so us normal, no problems people could zip through.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Agreed. Invariably, I'm scrounging for coffee in an airport in the morning, and there is a line 25 persons long because everyone is getting double frappacinon espressos with soy milk, when I just want a cup of coffee, no fillers.

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Here is one that I have to deal with on a regular basis.
    At the airport, at baggage checking, there always seems to be one problem customer that takes an hour to get sorted out. "I want to pay for my ticket in Ottoman lira." And then, "Oh, I wanted a left-handed ticket." And then, "Oh, I wanted the vegan meal." And then, "I can't sit within ten rows of a lavatory." I have seen one of these customers take an entire hour to get their bags checked.
    Me, I have my passport out, and my reservation number ready on my phone. The entire process takes me 90 seconds.
    I wish the airlines would have a "difficult customer" check-in, so us normal, no problems people could zip through.
    There should be a "no problem" airline that sells tickets only to adults that have only one true carry on size bag that they place it in the overhead bin above their own seat. This airline should have their own lane at the TSA checkpoint and everyone is TSA pre-checked and knows how to rid themself of all metal objects before they reach the metal detector. But because such an airline doesn't exist, I avoid flying if at all possible.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The airline deal reminds me of people that wait until all their groceries are checked before they pull out their checkbook and start to write the check. Many times, it is a woman and she has to do a little extra digging to get the checkbook out of her purse. In most cases, the check should be partially filled in before the cashier is finished ringing up the total.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I hardly ever drink coffee. More in the winter months. And I always make my own at home. Have never in my life ever bought it from a "coffee place".
    I am glad to know, I am not alone in mostly drinking coffee in the winter. Everyone I know thinks that is "weird".
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

There should be a "no problem" airline that sells tickets only to adults that have only one true carry on size bag that they place it in the overhead bin above their own seat. This airline should have their own lane at the TSA checkpoint and everyone is TSA pre-checked and knows how to rid themself of all metal objects before they reach the metal detector. But because such an airline doesn't exist, I avoid flying if at all possible.
    Another airline thing that bugs me is the loading procedure. (I fly internationally a lot).
    The gate personnel will tel passengers to get their passport out and have it opened to the page with the picture. The gate personnel will tell people that they can only have one carry-on bag.
    When the boarding starts, I do tot know how many people get to the check in and still have not started to get their dadgum, passports out. "Oh, you need my passport?" "Yes, that's why we said so sixteen times over the last 30 minutes.")
    And then there are people who have six full garbage bags under their arms as "carry-on luggage."

From my days in the Army, I imagine what wonders one First Sergeant could do to bring order to the chaos.
    "Hey, you! Knucklehead! Get out of the line! Go to the back of the line, knock out fifty push-ups for being stupid and not listening, get your dadgum passport out, open it to the picture page and get in the back of the line!"
    Just one more time, I'd like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    The airline deal reminds me of people that wait until all their groceries are checked before they pull out their checkbook and start to write the check. Many times, it is a woman and she has to do a little extra digging to get the checkbook out of her purse. In most cases, the check should be partially filled in before the cashier is finished ringing up the total.
    They should be paying with cash, if you want to get down to brass tacks.....

BamaNation All-American alabama mike1's Avatar

I have two that kill me:

1. A grocery basket in the middle of the aisle.
    2. People that drive in the left lane of a divided highway. Stay out of this lane unless you are passing!!!!!!!!