Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Quote Originally Posted by alabama mike1 View Post
    I have two that kill me:

1. A grocery basket in the middle of the aisle.
    2. People that drive in the left lane of a divided highway. Stay out of this lane unless you are passing!!!!!!!!
    There are also people that think that left lane is the as fast as I want to go lane.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

The biggest pet peeve I've ever seen was on a Great Dane.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Another airline thing that bugs me is the loading procedure. (I fly internationally a lot).
    The gate personnel will tel passengers to get their passport out and have it opened to the page with the picture. The gate personnel will tell people that they can only have one carry-on bag.
    When the boarding starts, I do tot know how many people get to the check in and still have not started to get their dadgum, passports out. "Oh, you need my passport?" "Yes, that's why we said so sixteen times over the last 30 minutes.")
    And then there are people who have six full garbage bags under their arms as "carry-on luggage."

From my days in the Army, I imagine what wonders one First Sergeant could do to bring order to the chaos.
    "Hey, you! Knucklehead! Get out of the line! Go to the back of the line, knock out fifty push-ups for being stupid and not listening, get your dadgum passport out, open it to the picture page and get in the back of the line!"
    Just one more time, I'd like to see that.
    i have to fly a lot and pretty much everything about flying is a pet peeve, especially internationally.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Another airline thing that bugs me is the loading procedure. (I fly internationally a lot).
    The gate personnel will tel passengers to get their passport out and have it opened to the page with the picture. The gate personnel will tell people that they can only have one carry-on bag.
    When the boarding starts, I do tot know how many people get to the check in and still have not started to get their dadgum, passports out. "Oh, you need my passport?" "Yes, that's why we said so sixteen times over the last 30 minutes.")
    And then there are people who have six full garbage bags under their arms as "carry-on luggage."

From my days in the Army, I imagine what wonders one First Sergeant could do to bring order to the chaos.
    "Hey, you! Knucklehead! Get out of the line! Go to the back of the line, knock out fifty push-ups for being stupid and not listening, get your dadgum passport out, open it to the picture page and get in the back of the line!"
    Just one more time, I'd like to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i have to fly a lot and pretty much everything about flying is a pet peeve, especially internationally.
    Either of you have this issue?

Employees at the airport were conducting routine X-rays of luggage when they spotted "suspicious content in a luggage piece," according to the federal police in Berlin. Because it was unclear from the initial scan what the bag contained, an alert was issued shortly before 11 a.m., resulting in the closure of the airport's D terminal while police investigated the suspicious items.

The owner of the bag was called over the airport speaker system and eventually talked to police about his luggage. However, he was reluctant to properly explain the contents of the bag -- possibly because of embarrassment, according to a federal police spokesperson -- saying instead that his luggage contained "technical stuff."

After an hour-long investigation involving a bomb squad, authorities eventually determined that the items were sex toys.
    https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/v...ntl/index.html
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Only when going through the full body scanner.

not sure about tw, but claiming "technical stuff" always works for me

when i was working at the rei in arlington, va long ago i was supervising the customer service department and one day one of the ladies working there called me over to show me the contents of one of the daypacks that had been turned into lost and found (similar situation, and quite a collection). the dude wouldn't make eye contact with them when he picked it up later.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    not sure about tw, but claiming "technical stuff" always works for me

when i was working at the rei in arlington, va long ago i was supervising the customer service department and one day one of the ladies working there called me over to show me the contents of one of the daypacks that had been turned into lost and found (similar situation, and quite a collection). the dude wouldn't make eye contact with them when he picked it up later.
    That's why I keep a separate set stored in Europe.
    Last edited by Tidewater; August 10th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Absolutely hate Starbucks. I only go there when my oldest daughter is visiting to pickup her order. I am amazed people would pay for a flavored, sweetened, $7.50 cup of motor oil.
    I agree. I hate their coffee too. I posted in a thread a while back about my Starbucks experience. I was in the hospital waiting area years ago and Starbucks had airpots of their coffee in there. I got a cup and immediately spit it out because I thought it was awful. I thought it had to be like a day old or something because everyone raves about how good their coffee is. Several weeks later, I decided to see what the fuss was all about, so I went in to get a piping hot fresh cup of regular plain black coffee. I looked at their menu and then had to ask the lady how much just a large black coffee cost. She looked at me strange and says “you want a venti plain coffee?” I told her “I guess if that’s a large plain coffee”. IIRC, it was almost $5. I left and when it cooled enough to take a sip, it was apparent that the stuff in the airpots at the hospital was fresh too. I poured the rest out and have never been back.

ETA: I see they offer an even larger size of their rancid swill now, the Trenta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see drivers like this...........every day.........

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Wow!

I see a lot of drivers stopping and waiting in the wrong lanes in order to make a turn that they missed at regular intersections. Instead of making the safe move of continuing on and making a safe u-turn or turning off farther down the road and coming back, they endanger and frustrate a lot of folks to save a minute or so...or less. If its on the interstate, then it takes a little longer to get back to the exit but holy moly your video shows what can happen.

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

That driver should be locked up and throw away the key.

Probably Asian woman

Last edited by Bodhisattva; August 11th, 2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Bodhi

Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Probably Asian woman

Was that you in the passenger seat?