Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think this is a repeat but it happened (again) today so worth the repeat.

People who walk in the road....when there is a perfectly good sidewalk available for pedestrians to use!

I have this on my dash cam today....woman just strolling along on her way to the beach. I came up behind her but kept my distance waiting to see how oblivious she was to any traffic that might also be on the road. Took a while but she finally realized I was there and jumped a little - raised her arm up - and moved over. She still didn't go to the sidewalk though - stayed on the grassy strip between the road and sidewalk.

She had her iPhone in her back pocket though. That's important. :rolleye2:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sounds like she was walking on the wrong side of the road. Pedestrians are supposed to walk on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

People who walk in the road....when there is a perfectly good sidewalk available for pedestrians to use!

I have this on my dash cam today....woman just strolling along on her way to the beach. I came up behind her but kept my distance waiting to see how oblivious she was to any traffic that might also be on the road. Took a while but she finally realized I was there and jumped a little - raised her arm up - and moved over. She still didn't go to the sidewalk though - stayed on the grassy strip between the road and sidewalk.

That is what happened to me. The idiot and his dog were in the road.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I swear, I want to sever the head of people in the cafeteria line (on the highway, too) that..

a) are in an all fire hurry to get ahead of you
b) the moment they're ahead of you, the jerks turn into Mrs James Bond and have "all the time in the world!"

I want to groin kick these people - women, too.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I swear, I want to sever the head of people in the cafeteria line (on the highway, too) that..

a) are in an all fire hurry to get ahead of you
b) the moment they're ahead of you, the jerks turn into Mrs James Bond and have "all the time in the world!"

I want to groin kick these people - women, too.
The idjit that passes me on the left ,while making me hit the brakes, and within 100 ft turns on their blinker for a right hand turn has a special place in my heart and vocabulary. I usually talk about their parents, practice my sign language, and suggest a warm place to spend their vacations. :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Too good not to share. I found the clip on my dash cam and uploaded it to my YT channel.

Jump ahead to the 2 minute mark for the topic at hand:

You'll also noticed a workman who parked his truck exactly in the center of a driveway I wanted to access at the very end of the clip. The driveway can easily accommodate more than one vehicle - yet - he needs to park right in the middle.

This stuff happens every day here....:rolleye2:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
With four of my five kids playing sports. I spend a lot of my time at a ball field of some kind. Whether it be softball or baseball. If I'm not at work or asleep in the bed. That's where we are located. I also help coach one of my boy's teams. The coaches were hanging out after practice one day (with no mama's around) talking/joking about some of the things we get tired of hearing. One of the phrases that is commonly used by an unhappy parent (specifically a mama) when they are expressing a complaint to the coach is -"As a mother I feel...".

It's almost like they think by using that phrase, anything they say after that cannot be argued against, they are completely right and if you don't agree with it then you're the problem. We were leaving a game Saturday and was walking past a coach from another team who apparently had been approached by a parent. As we walked by we heard "As a mother I feel..". We all just about lost it in laughter. When we got far enough from them we all looked at each other and said "Well, at least we're not the only ones who get it."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
With four of my five kids playing sports. I spend a lot of my time at a ball field of some kind. Whether it be softball or baseball. If I'm not at work or asleep in the bed. That's where we are located. I also help coach one of my boy's teams. The coaches were hanging out after practice one day (with no mama's around) talking/joking about some of the things we get tired of hearing. One of the phrases that is commonly used by an unhappy parent (specifically a mama) when they are expressing a complaint to the coach is -"As a mother I feel...".

It's almost like they think by using that phrase, anything they say after that cannot be argued against, they are completely right and if you don't agree with it then you're the problem. We were leaving a game Saturday and was walking past a coach from another team who apparently had been approached by a parent. As we walked by we heard "As a mother I feel..". We all just about lost it in laughter. When we got far enough from them we all looked at each other and said "Well, at least we're not the only ones who get it."
If she had only used the word "parent" instead of "mother" it probably would have made more sense, I guess.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Reminds me of Bill Burr's objection to Oprah calling motherhood the "hardest job in the world." :biggrin:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
People in a big stinkin' hurry -= when there's no reason to be.

Creates unnecessary drama.

Also....sounds in the background on TV that sound like a phone ringtone. Why? :rolleye2:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
You go out to eat. The waiter takes your order, brings your drinks and food, checks in on you while your mouth is full, "How is everything?" You respond "mum mum memum" and give a thumbs up. Your done eating and want to go. The waiter has entered the witness protection program, nowhere to be seen. Now you are being held captive, you can't leave until to payed for your meal. Why is it they disappear after you are done eating? And when they show up, "leave room for dessert??" No, bring me the check, let me go, I just want to go home!!!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You go out to eat. The waiter takes your order, brings your drinks and food, checks in on you while your mouth is full, "How is everything?" You respond "mum mum memum" and give a thumbs up. Your done eating and want to go. The waiter has entered the witness protection program, nowhere to be seen. Now you are being held captive, you can't leave until to payed for your meal. Why is it they disappear after you are done eating? And when they show up, "leave room for dessert??" No, bring me the check, let me go, I just want to go home!!!
Had lunch with a friend last week at a Mexican place here and as we finished up I placed our plates, silverware, napkins, etc. right on the outside edge of the table. After a few minutes we both got up and went to the front counter to pay and leave. The cashier already had our order in the register so rang it right up. I guess they have software like that now in some places. I was impressed.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
People who cannot take just a minute to properly compose their sentences on a public forum or site.

I joined the social network platform called "Nextdoor" because once in a while it has a post that is useful.

Today there was one about a traffic accident - and just below - this one for a garage sale:

Everything must go..... Bicycles.....Furniture.... Kitchen accessories....Tools hand, power and garden.....Atari game console with games....Old CB equipment....Books....Turkey fryer....miscellaneous items... 8am to 2pm. Saturday only

The part that is bolded......should be: "Hand, power, and garden tools." or "Tools: hand, power, and garden."

No - it didn't ruin my day - but just bugs me when people don't bother to use proper grammar.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Bazz mentioned Nextdoor and it got me thinking. I loathe the way people behave on neighborhood/community pages on facebook. If there's an accident, people are trying to be the one to break the news, then they post details. They get scolded for posting details of the accident where relatives may end up finding out a loved one may be hurt, then act like a fool claiming they did nothing wrong. We've had a situation where someone was killed and folks knew it was bad since the road was completely shut down for hours, but didn't know there was a death. Once the details of a death came out folks wanted to know "who" but no one was naming names out of respect for the family. One person got belligerent with one of the VFD folks that worked the wreck, demanding to know who it was since they knew people that drove that road daily and they had a right to know. (HEY STUPID, CALL EM IF THEY ANSWER THE PHONE IT AIN'T THEM!)

Reactions: Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.