Question: Do You Have A Pet Peeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This one happened to me today on my bike ride. People who stop at the intersections along the bike trails, park themselves in front of the walk button and just stand there without ever hitting the button. Heavy traffic going by so no one can cross. How on Earth can you be that oblivious to others around you? Stuff like this is happening a lot on the trails because we now have a bunch of newbies on there that do not know what they are doing.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This drives me up a freaking wall.
Family with an infant goes to a restaurant.
Infant screams throughout the meal like someone had ripped its arm off and were beating him with the arm.
Parents sit there, ignore the child and simply try to scream over the baby's screaming.
My wife says, "It's natural. That's what babies do."

That may be, but babies also poop wherever they are when they have to go, but I would not tolerate a parent who let his baby poop on the dinner table.

Please, if you have an infant, don't take it to a restaurant, or if you do, make it a Chuck-e-Cheese or someplace so loud nobody will notice a screaming baby. Or, as a bare decent minimum, if your child is screaming uncontrollably, pick the child up and get his obnoxious hateful little backside out of the restaurant until it calms down.

Taking a baby to a restaurant, letting the baby scream at the top of its lungs, and ignoring the screaming baby is unbelievably rude. Appalling. You suck at being a human being if you do that. And you are probably passing on those crappy genes to your screaming brat child.

There. Pet peeve vented.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I feel the same way about breast feeding in a restaurant. Unless mom is smoking hot, don't whoop it out and make it overly obvious as to what's going on. We've been sitting in a more than snug waiting area of a restaurant and mom just decides to breast feed right there and makes no effort to be discreet.

This drives me up a freaking wall.
Family with an infant goes to a restaurant.
Infant screams throughout the meal like someone had ripped its arm off and were beating him with the arm.
Parents sit there, ignore the child and simply try to scream over the baby's screaming.
My wife says, "It's natural. That's what babies do."

That may be, but babies also poop wherever they are when they have to go, but I would not tolerate a parent who let his baby poop on the dinner table.

Please, if you have an infant, don't take it to a restaurant, or if you do, make it a Chuck-e-Cheese or someplace so loud nobody will notice a screaming baby. Or, as a bare decent minimum, if your child is screaming uncontrollably, pick the child up and get his obnoxious hateful little backside out of the restaurant until it calms down.

Taking a baby to a restaurant, letting the baby scream at the top of its lungs, and ignoring the screaming baby is unbelievably rude. Appalling. You suck at being a human being if you do that. And you are probably passing on those crappy genes to your screaming brat child.

There. Pet peeve vented.

Reactions: Bazza

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
These are the exact same people that don't teach their dogs not to bark incessantly.
My goodness, when I lived in Northport, the neighbor directly behind my house kept a dog outdoors 12 months a year and that dog would bark all night every night. The owners would never bring the dog in, even on cold nights and would never go quiet the dog down.
I think the dog was just lonely and bored. I can't imagine hating a dog so much I would leave them outside alone all the time (I think dogs are pretty social animals). It would be kinder just to go out and shoot the dog than do that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: seebell

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
These are the exact same people that don't teach their dogs not to bark incessantly.
In the case of babies screaming in a restaurant, when two sounds are competing for my attention, I can't hear either of them. When there is a screaming baby, I cannot hear the person talking right next to me. All I hear is:
"iasudbpiew hpisp hpwirufp e!!!"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
These are some of the reasons I have always said going out to eat...is NOT a treat.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.
I'm a pretty decent cook - been considering opening a restaurant for years - it's rare I have a meal that I couldn't beat. It happens, and it's always enjoyable, but it's not common. It's why I had to work to lose 65# over the last 1.5 years, LOL.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
These are some of the reasons I have always said going out to eat...is NOT a treat.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

Back to pet peeves.....smokers. They should have their own island to live on.....
My father-in-law is a smoker. He has had throat cancer and a heart attack.
He has no idea how bad he stinks. Absolutely none.
His wife lets him know, however. Constantly.

• Sad
Reactions: Bazza and B1GTide

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I like my mother-in-law (MiL jokes notwithstanding), but she lives to make her husband miserable. It seems to be her purpose in living. And it is not just old couple kidding around.* She genuinely seems to despise him.

* My grandfather on his fiftieth wedding anniversary said of his wife, "That's an awful long time to spend with one woman." My grandmother used to accuse my grandfather of sitting so far away from the supper table that "he was sitting in the next county." "Shut up, Dynamite," he was respond, using his nickname for his bride.

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm a pretty decent cook - been considering opening a restaurant for years - it's rare I have a meal that I couldn't beat. It happens, and it's always enjoyable, but it's not common. It's why I had to work to lose 65# over the last 1.5 years, LOL.
Congrats on dropping that 65 lbs., CA.

Your joints and your heart thank you also. :)

I spent some time in sales including fertilizer that was mostly packaged in 50 lb. bags. After doing that for 10 years, I have a pretty good understanding of how much weight we're talking about, built around that 50 lb. dimension.

Carrying an extra 50 lbs around all day - or in your case 65 lbs - is a load!

Getting back to the cooking/eating out thing. I'm not sure if I'm in your culinary league or not - probably not - but I enjoy cooking a lot and can stay at home for my meals for weeks on end without any hesitation.

There are some things I prefer to have made for me such as Chinese, Mexican, and Italian. I still dabble in those categories but there are some places around here that do such a good job it's more productive to just get take out sometimes.

And smoking bothers me so much, I try to stay as far away from restaurants as possible because of the preponderance of smokers who seem to like dining out.

New Pet Peeve for today......"My Pillow" commercials on TV. :rolleyes:

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well....the nit wit across the street's dog is still barking. Was barking earlier today when I went to work. Still barking. Meanwhile his two young kids - both girls - were next door on my neighbor's Oak Tree swing laughing and having the time of their lives. What is even more disturbing that the neighbor doesn't take care of his dog is now his children (apparently) are also oblivious to the family's obligations and responsibilities. So the irresponsibility is passed on to another generation.

Short video clip I took a little while ago from my front yard.....it's the two story house right in the middle of the screen between the palm fronds. The dog is on the deck outside......

Reactions: bama579

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well....the nit wit across the street's dog is still barking. Was barking earlier today when I went to work. Still barking. Meanwhile his two young kids - both girls - were next door on my neighbor's Oak Tree swing laughing and having the time of their lives. What is even more disturbing that the neighbor doesn't take care of his dog is now his children (apparently) are also oblivious to the family's obligations and responsibilities. So the irresponsibility is passed on to another generation.

Short video clip I took a little while ago from my front yard.....it's the two story house right in the middle of the screen between the palm fronds. The dog is on the deck outside......

I'm next door to the same situation. The children are being taught to neglect animals. You caught my attention with the smoking bit. Doesn't NSB have a smoking ordinance? I thought just about all met areas did now. In fact, what I can't understand is Europe (not that they'd let me in right now). It's been many years since I saw an American taking draws between bites. Saw it in France fairly recently...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Pet Peeve of the day. I've got two younger siblings who live "out of town". Whereas I live five miles from my parents house. So, my siblings do not get to see my parents as much as I do. I get that. However, with our busy schedule with boys playing baseball and a girl playing softball. We aren't over there all the time either and with my mom's health situation she cannot come to any of the games.

It seems every time we go over to my parents, a specific sibling of mine somehow finds out and either calls my mom or wants to "face time" for literally an hour or more. If it happens every now and then, I'm good with that. But when it literally happens damn near every time it is no longer happenstance. What ends up happening is my mom stays on the phone with my sibling the entire time we're over there or wants to facetime for an hour and we don't get to visit with my parents. I've said something to my mom but she just brushes it off. The last time, I gave it 20 minutes to end then we just left. My mom calls me about 45 minutes later "Where did y'all go?" So I told her. "We didn't come over to visit you and dad for you to talk on the phone the entire time. We'll just come back another time." Bothers the crap out of me because I know it's being done on purpose.

Reactions: bama579
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.