Samantha Bee's Vulgar Statement Toward Ivanka Trump

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't find hateful misogynistic language funny. Some obviously do as long as it is targeted at a member of the other tribe. Go Donkey tribe!
You nailed it. As long as you're in my team you can say what you want. The chasm is so vast right now I bet Dems wouldn't take the cure for cancer from Trump nor would the Reps take it from Hillary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You nailed it. As long as you're in my team you can say what you want. The chasm is so vast right now I bet Dems wouldn't take the cure for cancer from Trump nor would the Reps take it from Hillary.

what a load. I noticed all of y'all being incredibly upset when Ted Nugent was in the Whitehouse with Trump. Your protests were huge and loud.

Y'all just want to attack Bee as some kind of payback for Rosanne killing her self by showing how much of a racist loon she is.

Bee has been saying this stuff about all manor of people since her show started, no one cared until the little pretty princess got called what she is a Feckless C----

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
what a load. I noticed all of y'all being incredibly upset when Ted Nugent was in the Whitehouse with Trump. Your protests were huge and loud.

Y'all just want to attack Bee as some kind of payback for Rosanne killing her self by showing how much of a racist loon she is.

Bee has been saying this stuff about all manor of people since her show started, no one cared until the little pretty princess got called what she is a Feckless C----
won't you think about the wimmenz who have been forced to live under the tyranny of political correctness these past 25 years.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

It's the double standard in the media that even CNN recognizes.

I think it's cool how you guys are prioritizing these offenses. Going by this logic it's ok to be misogynistic, but racist is off limits. Stuff is awesome.

I had to Google Ted Nugent, seriously.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Checking in the thread kinda late...

Four pages and no mention of what prompted the ugly name. Right when we are hearing about this horrible practice of taking kids from their parents by the government at the border, disgusting all but the most Trumpy of Trumpists, Daddy's little diplomat (who is on the government payroll) posted a sweet picture of her hugging her child.

Sam B., along with me, was really shocked at Ivana's indifference to what her daddy is doing to families coming to this country. Sam could have strecthed her vocabulary and ripped her without the c word but I understand where she was coming from.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Both sides argue which pile of crap is bigger. Does it really matter? They are both mountains of crap.
I'm not a big "both-sides are guilty" kind of guy. I see it more as one side keeps taking a big crap and the other side occasionally steps in it.

But at least the Dems don't start flinging it like Trump does.

Which reminds me of a saying from Jon Stewart:

When you go to the zoo and see a monkey throwing his poo, don't get mad at the monkey, that's just what they do.

Direct your anger at those who know better and defend the poo-throwing monkey.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Checking in the thread kinda late...

Four pages and no mention of what prompted the ugly name. Right when we are hearing about this horrible practice of taking kids from their parents by the government at the border, disgusting all but the most Trumpy of Trumpists, Daddy's little diplomat (who is on the government payroll) posted a sweet picture of her hugging her child.

Sam B., along with me, was really shocked at Ivana's indifference to what her daddy is doing to families coming to this country. Sam could have strecthed her vocabulary and ripped her without the c word but I understand where she was coming from.
c'mon chukker, context limits the feigned outrage

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's the double standard in the media that even CNN recognizes.

I think it's cool how you guys are prioritizing these offenses. Going by this logic it's ok to be misogynistic, but racist is off limits. Stuff is awesome.

I had to Google Ted Nugent, seriously.

again

Please show me how this is misogynistic

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Its the free market.

Disney/ABC thought that Roseanne's comments were more harmful to their bottom line than TBS thinks of Samantha's comments. Full stop. I don't care if either get fired or not. How can so many get up in arms claiming that the media (CNN, Fox News, MSNBC) is all about the bottom line, but when something like this comes up all of a sudden its the R's vs. D's and how the R's are being held to a different standard than the D's?

This is a company decision. If you are really so upset over Samantha's comments, start boycotting them or protesting TBS by not watching their Lethal Weapon marathons or something.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Its the free market.

Disney/ABC thought that Roseanne's comments were more harmful to their bottom line than TBS thinks of Samantha's comments. Full stop. I don't care if either get fired or not. How can so many get up in arms claiming that the media (CNN, Fox News, MSNBC) is all about the bottom line, but when something like this comes up all of a sudden its the R's vs. D's and how the R's are being held to a different standard than the D's?

This is a company decision. If you are really so upset over Samantha's comments, start boycotting them or protesting TBS by not watching their Lethal Weapon marathons or something.
certainly true that the market will decide but otherwise these are completely different actions

Rossane's statement was blatantly racist and offensive to many if not most black people

Samantha B called 1 person a name that refers to a female body part.

there is no equivalence what so ever.

none

it has nothing to do with "team" in fact the only people who want to make it a team thing are the poor snowflake right wingers who see an opportunity for a pound of flesh. Happy to see TBS not falling for it.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Look, if a conservative used the same language about Michelle Obama liberals (me included) would be upset to some extent. And, I think there is a right to be upset in this case. I really enjoy Samantha Bee and I think she could have made her point another way. I don't think she needs to be fired though. That seems a good bit too far IMO.

However, I don't think its anywhere close to what Roseanne said. And, I think you have to be willfully ignorant to not understand the racial component of her comments.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Look, if a conservative used the same language about Michelle Obama liberals (me included) would be upset to some extent. And, I think there is a right to be upset in this case. I really enjoy Samantha Bee and I think she could have made her point another way. I don't think she needs to be fired though. That seems a good bit too far IMO.

However, I don't think its anywhere close to what Roseanne said. And, I think you have to be willfully ignorant to not understand the racial component of her comments.
she was constantly called and compared to an ape during her entire time as first lady

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
when she was called an Ape, yes

When Joan Rivers called her a Tranny, I thought it reflected poorly on Rivers.
I mean it did. Isn't that kind of the point here as well? It reflects poorly on Samantha Bee some. I'm not calling for Samantha Bee's head or anything. Apparently she apologized and I think that should be it for the most part. I just think it was a little careless honestly.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Looking more at the big picture.........does it help the Dems more this fall if Bee is called out by them?

In other words....what, if any, impact does the Bee situation have on the mid-terms, in your opinions?

And conversely.....does the Rossanne tweet and subsequent fallout help the Dems this fall and to what extent?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Looking more at the big picture.........does it help the Dems more this fall if Bee is called out by them?

In other words....what, if any, impact does the Bee situation have on the mid-terms, in your opinions?

And conversely.....does the Rossanne tweet and subsequent fallout help the Dems this fall and to what extent?
Neither of them will have any real impact on the elections. No one is going to vote because of what either of them said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.