Samantha Bee's Vulgar Statement Toward Ivanka Trump

Before the Roseanne thing, I never heard of VJ. Roseanne should have known better. She got axed and that’s the end of it in my opinion. That was all time dumb on her part. Dems are trying to turn this into a political thing and it really isn’t. As for Samantha Bee, well, comedians today are not funny as they use to be in fear of offending someone. Samantha Bee and more like her are really unfunny and hypocrites mostly. You turn the tables and here come the screams of victims a la Amy Schumer. Still, free speech should be protected. I would defend Roseanne’s right to say what she said, just like I would defend Samantha Bee’s right to say what she said. The fallout though from that is on them if they chose to go that route. Roseanne got what she deserved. Bee should be reprimanded though. No reason to go after family.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Too much tribalism on display. Rosanne was showed her bigotry and it cost her. That's all on her.

S Bee showed her vulgar side, but then that's kinda her thing. She's never been that funny to me. I don't like that she was so brutal on the first lady - whom I don't really care for in the first place - just because she is married to Trump. That's more acceptable than going after the kids, but I still don't like it. It's just another step downward for public discourse. If the problem is her husband then the vitriol should be directed at him, IMHO. That would be completely fair game and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's already been said, but we all lose when we make excuses for behavior we otherwise find unacceptable just because the person who said it is currently aligned with our tribe.

Forget that. I'll stand on my own over here. We already have too many weaklings that won't think or do for themselves. I've been down that road and I didn't like the person that made me.

Plus, these damn politicians haven't done one thing for me, ever. Oh, they did things that helped me to get elected and line their own pockets, but they never acted out of real concern for me.

So why do people continually fight their battles for them? Or their minions for that matter?

I'm not about to lose myself defending any of them.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
That's more acceptable than going after the kids,
Good post but this isn't some 14 year old kid just trying to get through school. This is a government employee putting themselves in the limelight constantly. That's completely fair game for being called out on government policies. No one hardly says a word about Tiffany.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Good post but this isn't some 14 year old kid just trying to get through school. This is a government employee putting themselves in the limelight constantly. That's completely fair game for being called out on government policies. No one hardly says a word about Tiffany.
​Well, wasn't she a one-hit-wonder? I wouldn't have thought about her if you didn't bring it up.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
*Checks thread to see if any leftists are condoning or supporting vulgar comments towards political opponents based on kindergarten logic*

Not disappointed. I mean, I'm disappointed people who believe they're decent, intellectually honest people would do that, but I'm not disappointed in that I figured I'd see such nonsense, and I did.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
*Checks thread to see if any leftists are condoning or supporting vulgar comments towards political opponents based on kindergarten logic*

Not disappointed. I mean, I'm disappointed people who believe they're decent, intellectually honest people would do that, but I'm not disappointed in that I figured I'd see such nonsense, and I did.
Congrats on your moral victory. Good thing everyone on the right are decent intellectually honest people. I'm personally looking forward to the next episode of falling over themselves to defend pedophiles.

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
S Bee showed her vulgar side, but then that's kinda her thing. She's never been that funny to me. I don't like that she was so brutal on the first lady - whom I don't really care for in the first place - just because she is married to Trump. That's more acceptable than going after the kids, but I still don't like it. It's just another step downward for public discourse. If the problem is her husband then the vitriol should be directed at him, IMHO. That would be completely fair game and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
The epithet was directed at Ivanka, not Melania.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
As noted, Ivanka doesn't get to hide behind the innocent daughter shield when she's a top-ranking government employee who hasn't divested from her many business conflicts and is personally profiting at taxpayer expense, just like her father.

Whether you think calling her a c*** was crossing the line of vulgarity or not, let's not whitewash her position and corruption.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Ahhh, I haven't been following closely at all and must have misread. Plus, I may have been confused by the Don's previous comments about his daughter.

And assuming she has a paying job in the administration she is fair game as well, though I'm not sure exactly what she does (does anyone know?). If the comments were related to her position, OK. If unrelated, still not cool. That's not to mention that word is considered one of the more vile insults out there so I still don't like it.

The flip side is that comedians are supposed to get more leeway (this would include Rosanne, I guess), but neither was funny (to me). I prefer a less racist, lighter, witty, funny humor over simple vulgar racist vile insults in the guise of humor. I'm no prude by any means but if you don't make me laugh then you've failed as a comedian.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Ahhh, I haven't been following closely at all and must have misread. Plus, I may have been confused by the Don's previous comments about his daughter.

And assuming she has a paying job in the administration she is fair game as well, though I'm not sure exactly what she does (does anyone know?). If the comments were related to her position, OK. If unrelated, still not cool. That's not to mention that word is considered one of the more vile insults out there so I still don't like it.

The flip side is that comedians are supposed to get more leeway (this would include Rosanne, I guess), but neither was funny (to me). I prefer a less racist, lighter, witty, funny humor over simple vulgar racist vile insults in the guise of humor. I'm no prude by any means but if you don't make me laugh then you've failed as a comedian.
see this is what is missing from these discussions, context. Ivanka posted this

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1000770717628104710/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftoofab.com%2F2018%2F05%2F31%2Fmegyn-kelly-sarah-huckabee-sanders-samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-the-c-word%2F

within 24 hours of the news breaking that her Boss/Dad was implementing a policy that would separate asylum seekers from their kids at the boarder. Bee's monologue was all about how Ivanka portray's herself as a Champion of Women and Children and a moderating influence on the Whitehouse/administration and then does something as crass and shallow as this. So Bee ended the monologue called her a feckless c....

Feckless is defined as feck·less
ˈfekləs/Submit
adjective
lacking initiative or strength of character; irresponsible.

and this move certainly was feckless and she certainly is a something for posting this.

again, in context I don't see the issue. Here is a Sr adviser to the Pres posting shots of her happily holding her kids while doing nothing as the admin she supports is tearing kids from the arms of poor third world refugees coming to what should be the greatest country in the world.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
It's strange, because we aren't even talking about kids being taken from their parents. I mean, I have seen that in the news and consider it a tragedy intentionally inflicted on immigrants just to discourage more immigrants from coming - some sort of strongman type move where not only you are hurt but we'll hurt your kids, too.

And yet we aren't really talking about that.

And it really is a big deal.

But here we all are arguing over idiot comedians and their choice of words while kids are taken from their parents for no good reason and then lost in the system (separate story).

This is how they play us. This is how they always play us. And zero happening to rectify the problem is usually the result.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Bee had said Ivanka was a hypocrite for passing herself off as a lover of children while supporting her father’s immigration policy, that would have been fine by me. But I guess that isn’t going to get her any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If Bee had said Ivanka was a hypocrite for passing herself off as a lover of children while supporting her father’s immigration policy, that would have been fine by me. But I guess that isn’t going to get her any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watch the clip, this is exactly what she said

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As noted, Ivanka doesn't get to hide behind the innocent daughter shield when she's a top-ranking government employee who hasn't divested from her many business conflicts and is personally profiting at taxpayer expense, just like her father.

Whether you think calling her a c*** was crossing the line of vulgarity or not, let's not whitewash her position and corruption.
and let's not even pretend that it is in the same universe as calling black folks apes

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.