John Garcia, Jr. Explains Star Ratings During This Week's Crimson & Blue Chip Podcast

John Garcia, Jr. Explains Star Ratings During This Week's Crimson & Blue Chip Podcast

Listened to the CABC podcast yesterday for the first time. During the listener Q&A part, John explains 247's rating process. It starts around the 24:00 mark if you want to go straight to it.

Click

Know this is a topic many have questioned and discussed over the years, and John gives some very good insight into how 247 does it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: John Garcia, Jr. Explains Star Ratings During This Week's Crimson & Blue Chip Pod

Interesting. I did not know the shift to NFL 1st round draft picks on 5* but it makes sense.

Re: John Garcia, Jr. Explains Star Ratings During This Week's Crimson & Blue Chip Pod

Saban could care less about stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoalCreek View Post
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I think he cares a lot when 5*'s like Tua, Najee, Leatherwood etc.................................... sign with us. I know he is a great coach but don't think he would be winning as much with Vandy players.

Waiting for it....3....2...1....
    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I think he cares a lot when 5*'s like Tua, Najee, Leatherwood etc.................................... sign with us. I know he is a great coach but don't think he would be winning as much with Vandy players.

OK..."“Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.”
    -- Houston Oiler Coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Waiting for it....3....2...1....

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Yep, doesn't even know what BOL/247 is or any of the recruiting services.

BamaNation All-American

Couldn't care less?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Couldn't care less?
    Yeah, that phrase is never used correctly...