SEC Presidents Pass New Rules at Conference Meetings in Destin

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't get this favoring the school over the players stuff. I was for stipends, I as much as anyone want to make sure that these players are treated well. I'm also for increasing scholarship limits, relaxing redshirt rules, and other things that essentially will favor the players and cause schools to expend more resources. I was for the players getting access to more resources in general, instead of sometimes draconian NCAA restrictions.

What some are advocating for, is just an easy quitting policy. That's what it is. Did Smith benefit his career by quitting? Nope. Did he hurt his former school by quitting? Yes. I fail to see how that's favoring the school over the player to point that simple fact out. I'm not saying tie these kids up and put them in the broom closet. I'm just advocating for common sense restrictions, and some consequences for their choices. That's more than fair. I think some people get this warped perception of fairness, let's go down the list.

A school is supposed to uphold all scholarship offers.
A player can decommit at any time.
A school is supposed to offer a multi-year scholarship.
A player can leave at any time.
A school is expected to keep a player on scholarship after he graduates.
A player can leave immediately.

The player doesn't even have to be good at football anymore. He can show up on a football scholarship, stink things up, and as long as he makes the grade stay on athletic scholarship. And if I try to say you know what, the responsibilities should be more equal, I'm being unfair? Really?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.