NCAA Baseball Regionals/Supers/CWS

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
State putting a whooping on NC right now. I hope them or the Razorbacks pull it off, would rather see State win it personally. The Gators would be a distant 3rd choice since they are SEC.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Gators lived to fight another day, thank the Lord!

Much respect to Texas for getting to Omaha, their great season, and never giving in today.

Here's this weeks remaining games, I think I have it right:

Due to weather delay today, AK plays TT tomorrow morning at 11am.

Oregon State plays NC later that day at 6pm.

Florida plays the loser of the AK/TT game on Thursday at 7pm.

Ms. State plays the winner of the Oregon State/NC game on Friday at 2pm.

All times Eastern.

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Florida plays the loser of the AK/TTU game on Thursday. Win that game, then they'd play the winner of the AK/TTU game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Crazy game with TT last night! So now were down to the last four teams with three of those being from the SEC and we know at least one SEC team will be in the finals....yah!

M.State plays O.State this afternoon and UF plays Arky tonight.

Should be good games.

Hey there was no rain delay last night!!! :p

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well OSU surprised me and stomped MSU and Arky showing they were hotter than MSU and getting into the final. I'd have to lean OSU at this point tonight, but MSU might be out for revenge so it's a toss up I think. I'm rooting for an all-SEC final but the thing that sucks is BOTH are SEC-West rivals.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I think we do have the best two teams in the finals this year, so am happy about that.

This should make for some exciting baseball to finish out the season.

I felt that Arkansas was very strong from very early in the season and would be tough to defeat. I still feel that way.

The finals may go three games but I'm picking Arky to win the championship.

Go Hogs! :piggy:

Go SEC! ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Great game last night! I predict the Beavers come back and win it tonight and then we go to a game 3.

What do you guys think about the interference call last night that some say changed the tenor of the entire game in favor of the Hogs?

I thought Oregon State had a legitimate beef, but I also thought the runner did alter the throw of the second baseman. Which is what he's supposed to do, if possible, within' the confines of the rule book, of course.

I started a thread over in Non-Sports but it didn't garner much interest. I'll be over there again tonight...join in if you'd like. That forum has more activity right now so was hoping to get more conversation....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If I'm not mistaken, I think the rule is that you have to slide into 2nd on a double play ball like that and that is why the ump called the interference. The way Arky pitched last night, nobody was beating them. If they remotely get the same play tonight on the mound, well OSU is done for.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Series is tied and we will have a game 3 to decide the national champion.

Wow!
Unreal that the missed foul ball with two outs in the top of the 9th maybe what everyone looks to as what cost Arky the CWS. Oregon St is a scrappy team and you have to put them away when you have the chance. Can't let teams like that hang on or they'll beat you. I hope Arky can pull it together tonight and finish it out.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I told myself once they let that ball drop that OSU would tie it at least. That ball more than likely will cost the Hogs the title.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.