NCAA Baseball Regionals/Supers/CWS - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: NCAA Baseball Regionals/Supers/CWS

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Butch is doing a hell of a job. Most comfortable I’ve felt since Baird was here. We’re well on our way to the promise land with him at the helm.
    Definitely. Congrats on the season, the turnaround y'all have had is unbelievable, and hopefully UA can make a similar type of turnaround. I dislike AU in football/basketball as much as the next Bama fan, but for some reason, baseball is just different. Maybe it's just cause both programs are hamstrung by the lackof "special" scholarship money, but I think it would be great if both programs were successful.

2. Advertisement

No offense to the resident Gator (Bazza) and Auburn (Dub) fans, but it was disappointing last night that they were, for the most part, the only two people posting on the Bama baseball board. This is just one of the reasons that we need to get better and do it as quickly as possible.

I think the AU and UA situations are quite similar. After Baird left, AU baseball went downhill fast and stayed there for a while. Galloway, like him or not, got the rebound started and Thompson has continued the resurgence. Coach Bo likely needs another year or two, but I think he can have us back in playoff contention fairly soon. Getting back to Hoover will be a good start but shouldn't be the highest goal for next year.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-SEC

2018 lost 13 games by two runs or less. If we split those we still wind up 14-16, but we easily make it to Hoover and almost assuredly a regional. When you have two starting pitchers on your roster and wind up 1-9 on Sundays you can't realistically expect better, and I think most of us feel like we met or maybe even exceeded expectations. The Auburn series was really the only time we played terrible baseball this year.

All that is to say there is reason for hope for Bama baseball. I think a lot of reason for hope.

Rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    2018 lost 13 games by two runs or less. If we split those we still wind up 14-16, but we easily make it to Hoover and almost assuredly a regional. When you have two starting pitchers on your roster and wind up 1-9 on Sundays you can't realistically expect better, and I think most of us feel like we met or maybe even exceeded expectations. The Auburn series was really the only time we played terrible baseball this year.

All that is to say there is reason for hope for Bama baseball. I think a lot of reason for hope.

Rtr
    Agreed! Other than that barn series we really competed with a roster that probably couldnít win Conference USA much less the SEC as Iím not trying to take shots at our guys. We should be able to snag a few good recruits the next couple of years. I think by year 3 we should at least make Hoover. If we wasnít so handicapped I think CBB has us there next year easily.

Miss State walks off to beat UW 1-0 (like that was surprising). I think the winner of UNC/MSU could take this thing.
    Iím leaning Tarheels as I root for them when Bama is not in it.

As I was typing this up, Wade LeBlanc held the Red Sox to 2 hits tonight and moved to 3-0 on the season for the Mariners. He went 7.1 striking out 9. He might have found his spot!

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Miss State walks off to beat UW 1-0 (like that was surprising). I think the winner of UNC/MSU could take this thing.
    I’m leaning Tarheels as I root for them when Bama is not in it.

As I was typing this up, Wade LeBlanc held the Red Sox to 2 hits tonight and moved to 3-0 on the season for the Mariners. He went 7.1 striking out 9. He might have found his spot!
    Hey Barehand.....sorry I started another thread on the CWS. I didn't see the CWS in the title on your thread until after starting mine. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't trying to be obtuse or anything! Appreciate all your input here as well as everyone else's.

Happy Father's Day!

Florida not getting off to a great start...now will play Texas in the losers bracket. Hats off to Texas Tech for the win.

Arkansas looking very good.

I hate these weather delays!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Hey Barehand.....sorry I started another thread on the CWS. I didn't see the CWS in the title on your thread until after starting mine. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't trying to be obtuse or anything! Appreciate all your input here as well as everyone else's.

Happy Father's Day!
    No problem brotha! Happy Father's Day to yourself and all the others here!
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

I got the bracket for the week mapped out and deleted all the regional/super regional stuff so it's easier to follow.

Today is elim day! I think Washington is our first one gone today and even though I want UNC to win, I think Miss State is just playing too good lately. I really have to favor MSU at this point in the tournament if I had to bet on it. I think Florida squeaks out a win over Texas (could really see it going either way, sorry Bazza) and Arkansas is much like MSU in that they are on fire right now so I think they beat TTU. What do y'all think?
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

State putting a whooping on NC right now. I hope them or the Razorbacks pull it off, would rather see State win it personally. The Gators would be a distant 3rd choice since they are SEC.

Gators lived to fight another day, thank the Lord!

Much respect to Texas for getting to Omaha, their great season, and never giving in today.

Here's this weeks remaining games, I think I have it right:

Due to weather delay today, AK plays TT tomorrow morning at 11am.

Oregon State plays NC later that day at 6pm.

Florida plays the loser of the AK/TT game on Thursday at 7pm.

Ms. State plays the winner of the Oregon State/NC game on Friday at 2pm.

All times Eastern.
    Last edited by Bazza; June 20th, 2018 at 12:55 PM.

Florida plays the loser of the AK/TTU game on Thursday. Win that game, then they'd play the winner of the AK/TTU game.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.