Link: More out-of-control government...

That is not correct. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but, if you think that it's illegal to possess more than $10K, that's wrong. If he redeposited it, the bank would have to report it and he might have to explain how he got it, which, according to his attorney, he can. However, I didn't think we'd reached the point where the government can outlaw carrying your own cash around...
You’re right. I’m thinking of the BSA. I got it mixed which is sad considering my profession.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Why on earth should anyone have to explain the cash they're carrying?

It's more of the same with this stupid war on drugs - take from the innocent, lock people up for possessing a plant, etc.

The police state in the US is completely out of control.
Its much the same as profiling and stop and frisk. A useful tool of law enforcement but too often at too great of cost to individual freedoms. Its all about balance.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's hard to believe anything that cnn reports. My guess is there is more to the story, but cnn wants to tarnish the government. Anything to sow discord!
A brief google search will reveal as many incidents similar to this as you wish to read. Whether this particular story is accurate or not is honestly immaterial - this happens all the time in the US and it's 100% wrong.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's hard to believe anything that cnn reports. My guess is there is more to the story, but cnn wants to tarnish the government. Anything to sow discord!
Read Crimsonaudio's response. He really knows what he's talking about. Discounting any news from any outlet other than your preference is ostrichland...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Strange how news outlets and think tanks from all across the political spectrum are sowing discord on this single issue.

Why are they all doing this?

Some secret world government in action?

Or maybe reasonable people from different perspectives can all agree our government is abusing its power and its citizens.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/06/civil-asset-forfeiture-police-abuse-clarence-thomas/

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse

https://www.cato.org/events/policing-profit-abuse-civil-asset-forfeiture

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...zure-case-sparks-outrage-call-for-change.html

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-...feiture-abuses-while-still-fighting-organized

No, they are not all about this particular story, just a quick google search on "civil asset forfeiture abuse".

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Why would CNN want to tarnish the government?
Not directed at any particular poster, but whenever I find myself trying to reason with this type mentality, I remind myself the person I'm talking to probably doesn't even believe in science.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You mean that article above that posted 2 days after the election? Because CNN couldnt validate the lie before it didn't matter? Lol.

You may have proven the opposite point you were trying to make.
It said the article was updated on November 10, so I don’t know when the original article was written. (I concede it could have been written after the election). But it does cite a Snopes article that was posted in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
No, but I agree with Bazza that carrying that much cash is foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven’t read the whole thread, and tend to agree with you that it’s foolish to carry that much cash.

However, in 2008 when my wife and I went to China we had to carry $15,000 cash for the adoption of our daughter. It had to be in new bills with no bends. We filled out the form declaring we were carrying the cash. If memory serves, that was done several days before we traveled. We carried the cash in money belts, $7,500 each.

We were on full alert Thursday morning at 9 AM when we flew out of Huntsville but by the time we got to Beijing it was 11 PM Friday night and we would have been easy pickings. There’s a 13 hour time difference so we had been wearing those uncomfortable belts for over 30 hours before we got to take them off.

Everything came off without a hitch but I don’t care to ever again travel to a third world country with a bunch of cash.

I distinctly remember being PO’d about having to report my money to anyone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.