Jay Jacobs Hired as FL's Exec Asst AD

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
ok...

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Long time Southeastern Conference administrator Jay Jacobs has joined the Florida athletic department as Executive Associate Athletic Director, Athletic Director Scott Stricklin announced Tuesday.

Jacobs, who spent 30-plus years in the Auburn athletic department, including the last 13 years as Athletic Director, replaces current Charlotte AD Mike Hill, who left the Gators for his new post in March. In addition to serving as a member of the senior executive staff, Jacobs' responsibilities will include oversight of the communications, marketing, ticketing and GatorVision departments.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well...when Coach Boom went to the barn....he was quoted as telling 'cruits how much better the facilities were there.

Maybe this will help us get our long overdue upgrades!

That's all I have.....:p

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I must have missed the news of Jacobs leaving Auburn. They are so dysfunctional I guess it won't matter, but who replaced him and why? I figured he knew were so many bodies were buried he'd be a lifer barner.

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
Current AD is Allen Greene, hired from Buffalo and a very well thought of up and comer in administrative circles.

This is a good hire if UF is looking to fundraise. It's JJ's strength.
Without question, JJ can raise money. Check his track record with Bobby Louder's bag man.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Evidently having a scandalous and/or dis-functional career as HC or AD doesn't seem to hurt much. I don't understand it, but then I am not a genius like the people who hand out jobs to these failures.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.