CNBC: There are more jobs than people out of work

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Sure. Deficits should have been reduced more or eliminated by 2016 although it was headed in the right direction. Now its headed the wrong way.
I agree that they could do a lot more to cut spending. I like some of the areas where they have already reduced but I don't like some of the areas they've boosted or others where they could stand to reduce costs. De-Funding Western European Nato would be a start.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Heard on the radio this morning that 10,000 people a day are retiring or aging out of the workforce. Our population is aging.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I was going to retire at a younger aged but my fears of no SS I decided to work longer and build up my 401k account and also just basic savings. My wife does have retirement but don't take nothing for granted. If SS is still around then it will be icing on the cake.
As for the deficit Bush two and obama had 16 combined years in office. This is the resulted.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
How many of those jobs are actually full-time? Many employers choose to hire part-time and not be forced to provide insurance and other benefits. People like to criticize young adults for being lazy but I'm not sure their generation isn't facing different challenges than ours. Having to take multiple part-time jobs or going through a temp agency is something I never had to do.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
How many of those jobs are actually full-time? Many employers choose to hire part-time and not be forced to provide insurance and other benefits. People like to criticize young adults for being lazy but I'm not sure their generation isn't facing different challenges than ours. Having to take multiple part-time jobs or going through a temp agency is something I never had to do.
and if you have to do that while taking care of a family, it can get really tough

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I did the temp agency thing myself back in the day. Was a good way to find full time work though I am not sure it still is

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.