What chance do you give Walt Maddox in November?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So with the stage sit between with Maddox an Ivey in November. Do y’all think the Doug Jones wave continues, Or do you think there’s no way that another Democrats gonna win in a while in the state?

I only ask because Ivey Has some baggage from the previous administration and the Roy Moore fiasco. And she would be the first woman governor ELECTED Since Lurleen. Walt is a very popular mayor in a major city in Alabama. And I think this factors may give this governor’s race a chance for the Democrats. What say you?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tusc...dox-vs-ivey-in-governors-race?template=ampart

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think that the only reason Doug Jones won is because of whom he was running against.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
True, but Ivey is a part of that Bentley administration and reluctantly endorsed Moore to prevent Jones.
And that's not even close to the same situation - very few voting for her will remember that, much less care.

She was "just toeing the party line" and, as such, will be forgiven for supporting Moore.

Jones' win was purely an aberration, not a trend. Alabama is very much a GOP state, for better or worse.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Alabama is very much a GOP state, for better or worse.
Worse.

To the OP's post I hope it will at least be competitive. In a just world Kay Ivey would be run out on a rail but in all of our history we've only had that kind of world a few times.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Based on what little I know of current Alabama politics; I hope Maddox will win, and he might, but OTOH too many Trump cult members in Alabama. Jones won't be around after his next election.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
310,233 vs. 122,739 vs. 234,621. That's Ivey vs. Maddox vs. TOTAL Democrat votes. I'm a conservative that will crossover for Maddox, but I don't think he will win. That's a HUGE gap to overcome and it will only grow when other Republican gov candidates throw their support to Ivey. We'll have to wait at least four more years for a lottery and progress in Alabama.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I think that the only reason Doug Jones won is because of whom he was running against.

Agreed. My faith in Alabama voters ticked up a bit(above the low bar already set). At least enough of them realized the consequences of electing someone like Roy Moore.

In past elections, I've known damn well the consequences of not voting, or voting 3rd party. Sometimes you just pull the lever to prevent something far worse. (Hint hint: 2016)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Perhaps Maddox could make Trump's desire to see the end of Mercedes autos in the U.S. a campaign issue...

"Ivey supports Trump, so how about Trump's plan to wreck Coach Saban's Mercedes dealership? I will not support garbage like that. We have a lot a families in the Tuscaloosa area that see Mercedes as a good partner and job provider, not something to pick a fight with."

Direct Trump quote on Mercedes:
“When you walk down Fifth Avenue, everybody has a Mercedes-Benz parked in front of his house,” Trump said, according to a Wall Street Journal translation of the comments. “You were very unfair to the U.S.A. It isn’t mutual. How many Chevrolets do you see in Germany? Not many, maybe none, you don’t see anything at all over there. It’s a one-way street.”

A report in WirtschaftsWoche cites unnamed diplomatic sources who say Trump told French president Emmanuel Macron he would maintain his trade policy “until no Mercedes models rolled on Fifth Avenue in New York.”

http://fortune.com/go/autos/trump-mercedes-benz-german-car-ban/

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Jones barely won despite running against a deeply flawed candidate. Without the sexual allegations, Moore wins. Strange mops the floor with Jones.

Ivey getting in without a runoff surprised me. I voted for Battle, but he didn’t excite me. His last ad he said he was just like Ivey, but different. You don’t win anybody over saying you aren’t much of a change.

Ivey really wasn’t part of the Bentley administration. She did not run on the same ticket as he did and she had no connection to what he was doing.

Maddox will get votes from Republicans. Some don’t want to vote for an old woman. Some will because he is mayor of Tuscaloosa. But not enough to swing the election. It would take a major scandal to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Walt Maddox is very charismatic. Miss Ivey is not and doesn't seem to have a vision for Alabama. I was hoping Battle would win but that didn't work out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.