News Article: Parkland School Shooting Survivor David Hogg's Home 'Swatted'

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Just wanted to add that while brushing my teeth I thought that his emotional detachment could be a coping mechanism not too uncommon in someone who has been traumatized. It may help him get things done in the short term but I would worry about the longer term effects if this becomes his default state.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It's a good thing this idea wasn't around when we were in high school.

I can think of a couple of teachers and a principal who would be obvious targets.
Can't link it for language but there's a Youtube video called 10 Streamers That Got Swatted Live that can give you a good idea of how dangerous it can potentially be depending on how aggressive the cops are.

There's a good chance something like that would get me killed as I keep my gun close at hand at all times.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Hogg is just a punk kid who is a pawn. He will do or say anything to prolong his "15 minutes of fame". But, swatting is crossing the line, good people could have been killed.

With todays technology, the number that phoned the call should be easy to find.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You can add Sean Hannity to the list of punchable faces. And maybe Chuck Schumer.....;)
I would add Donald Trump. There’s something about him that wishes he got a swift kick in the junk. And, no it’s not because of his politics. I felt this way before he ran for president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I get what you're saying but the punchable face stuff is often used to in exactly the way you're saying that it isn't (bolded above). It's used that way on the left and the right. You may not be personally using that way but I often see it used that way as in "I disagree with their politics therefore they have a punchable face."

I get the punchable face thing as well (Martin Skrelli, Richard Spencer). I don't always assign it with politics personally but see it used that way a lot.

As far as the provocateur stuff I will admit that you are technically correct on the meaning of the word. And as we know...

Perhaps your use of the two statements we're referring to are different than a lot of people's in today's society and I was just reading you incorrectly early in the thread. Therefore we can just agree to disagree and I'll drop that part of the discussion.
I used to keep a running list of People Who Need Their @#$ Kicked.

Tom Cruise usually topped the list. As would Jon Bon Jovi, and Matthew McConacklehay(or however the actor spells his name).

I guess I never really had a partisan vibe to my list. It was just a gut instinct. That guy needs to be throat punched.

Ted Nugent, Sean Hannity(as someone mentioned), Bernie Sanders(and his hippie followers who failed civics in high school), Guvnah Bentley.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I used to keep a running list of People Who Need Their @#$ Kicked.

Tom Cruise usually topped the list. As would Jon Bon Jovi, and Matthew McConacklehay(or however the actor spells his name).

I guess I never really had a partisan vibe to my list. It was just a gut instinct. That guy needs to be throat punched.

Ted Nugent, Sean Hannity(as someone mentioned), Bernie Sanders(and his hippie followers who failed civics in high school), Guvnah Bentley.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
i've seen several people implying that a football player kneeling instead of standing somehow inconvenienced them
I've seen that as well.
Most just think it's disrespectful and then we commence talking past one another -soldier, police, sacrifice, brutality -on and on and on. But there are some who insinuate that it impinges on their physical ability to watch the game.

Lord. I hope I didn't just restart this debate.

Scratch everything I just said.

Abort.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.