2019 5* RB Trey Sanders - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Re: 2019 5* RB Trey Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    It’s no different than jay barkers son having a spot on the 105. I agree you don’t give a scholarship to him. Trey really wants to be at Bama. As good as our current rb stable is with trey and the guys next year watch out. Also, the number one OT next year from Ohio Paris Johnson came to Saban’s camp when he was in 6th grade. There is a pic of him now and when he was in sixth grade with Saban. I think this class and next will go all time 2017 status
    https://twitter.com/RTRnews/status/1003035756615622656

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    I saw the before and after pic of the guy and wow he has really grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    The way it sounds, I donít think Bama and Coach Saban have done anything unseemly by offering the other player as a PWO. If he is not a scholly player then offering him a scholly would be undesirable. I donít have a problem saying the other player is guaranteed a walk-on spot, though. What does that really cost and what is the harm?

It would not at all surprise me if the fact that every other school would do this in a heartbeat for a recruit of Trey`s stature is conveniently ignored and CNS gets roundly criticized, if not pilloried, if he does this. Why? Because he`s the king and it galls a lot of people that he is. While I do think much of it stems from jealousy and envy, I think that you would not have to look hard to find folks who simply do not like him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Itís no different than jay barkers son having a spot on the 105. I agree you donít give a scholarship to him. Trey really wants to be at Bama. As good as our current rb stable is with trey and the guys next year watch out. Also, the number one OT next year from Ohio Paris Johnson came to Sabanís camp when he was in 6th grade. There is a pic of him now and when he was in sixth grade with Saban. I think this class and next will go all time 2017 status
    I would give anything to pull Johnson out of Urban's backyard. Would be marvelous. Tall and his arms look even longer. Proto looking OT.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I would give anything to pull Johnson out of Urban's backyard. Would be marvelous. Tall and his arms look even longer. Proto looking OT.
    Me too, but hard to imagine Urban letting him slip away. I could be wrong, but it`s been my impression that he gets who he wants from Ohio.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Me too, but hard to imagine Urban letting him slip away. I could be wrong, but it`s been my impression that he gets who he wants from Ohio.
    the # 2 OT in the nation and # 1 player in the state of Ohio left for Clemson in 2018.
    https://247sports.com/player/jackson-carman-86491

BamaNation All-American

the # 2 OT in the nation and # 1 player in the state of Ohio left for Clemson in 2018.
    So much for my perceptions, I suppose. That Dabo`s a `cruitin fool!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

There was a lot more to this one. This guy is a tool and I am glad that he went to Clemson. Urban didn't coddle him when he acted like a child - Dabo did. Dabo got him. Good luck with that.

As for OSU landing the best players in state - we have only lost out on the best player in Ohio 4 times in the last 20 years.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    There was a lot more to this one. This guy is a tool and I am glad that he went to Clemson. Urban didn't coddle him when he acted like a child - Dabo did. Dabo got him. Good luck with that.

As for OSU landing the best players in state - we have only lost out on the best player in Ohio 4 times in the last 20 years.
    This is true but with him camping here in 6th grade is meaningful. Thatís before he would be a star in middle school 7th or 8th and before he would grow into the ol he is. Ohio state and Bama will have loaded classes before him. I think itís one to watch, we will be selective after this class

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    I donít know the difference between a preferred walk on and any other type of [edit] walk on. Perhaps someone could enlighten me. I would think there is a considerable difference between a situation where we are offering someone a walk on slot versus a scholarship.

Exactly!

Nothing at all wrong with it...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Exactly!

Nothing at all wrong with it...
    I agree, but at the risk of speaking for others, I think the problem is the perception by some that it`s a condition being placed by a recruit. " I`ll strongly consider your school if you do this for my ( fill in the blank )". Could well be, but it`s a competitive world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I agree, but at the risk of speaking for others, I think the problem is the perception by some that it`s a condition being placed by a recruit. " I`ll strongly consider your school if you do this for my ( fill in the blank )". Could well be, but it`s a competitive world out there.
    While Alabama would technically be giving up a roster spot (a roster spot that would go to a walk-on no matter what), UA isn't giving up a scholarship.

Wouldn't be thrilled if the guy was getting a scholarship like Keenan Allen wanted for his brother, but this doesn't seem to be a big deal since it's still only a walk-on spot.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    While Alabama would technically be giving up a roster spot (a roster spot that would go to a walk-on no matter what), UA isn't giving up a scholarship.

Wouldn't be thrilled if the guy was getting a scholarship like Keenan Allen wanted for his brother, but this doesn't seem to be a big deal since it's still only a walk-on spot.
    Yep, I would gladly take his brother as a PWO if we get Trey.