2019 5* RB Trey Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Didn't realize Ga was in the mix for Sanders. Also did not think Kirby was as good a recruiter as he is doing. Looks like Bama and Ga are going to be knocking heads for a while. I would warn recruits of that choking spirit that hangs out in Athens. You might catch it.

UGADawginVA

Suspended
Dec 24, 2017
Fortunately never have. My business is in this region. But even here the traffic has turned into a hot mess.

Good to see opposing fans here...especially those who are knowledgeable...maybe you're a Roll Tide man at heart! I know B1GTide is!

LOL..oh hell no...I am a Savannah native...whats funny is that the folks here think this is the South...I just laugh at them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Serious question to those more familiar with the strategy and tactics of recruiting. You are Kirby Smart. What is your objective argument to Trey Sanders regarding why it`s better for him to attend and play football at UGA as opposed to UA ? I`d be also interested in how the UGA fans that frequent this board would answer that question.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Serious question to those more familiar with the strategy and tactics of recruiting. You are Kirby Smart. What is your objective argument to Trey Sanders regarding why it`s better for him to attend and play football at UGA as opposed to UA ? I`d be also interested in how the UGA fans that frequent this board would answer that question.
"Nick is old and I'm not." That's about the only thing he's got going for him, other than the rinky dink promises he can make, like first carries, or letting you play tackle instead of center, etc.

He can also point to Alabama's depth chart, basically telling the kid he's not good enough to get playing time (they buy that nonsense for some reason).

There's not really much he can point to at Georgia, he can just attempt to punch holes in Alabama. Stay classy Kirby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
"Nick is old and I'm not." That's about the only thing he's got going for him, other than the rinky dink promises he can make, like first carries, or letting you play tackle instead of center, etc.

He can also point to Alabama's depth chart, basically telling the kid he's not good enough to get playing time (they buy that nonsense for some reason).

There's not really much he can point to at Georgia, he can just attempt to punch holes in Alabama. Stay classy Kirby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uhhhh…. I`m not sure but what that may be an unrealistic request on your part. JMHO, mind!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
what's with all the Dawgs on Tidefans? Do you think posting here will create some sort of osmosis affect and Kirby will win a big one? At some point recruits will tire of being ranked fifth and search for something more.
Since Kirby, Dawgs have come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in an old seedy motel. I guess his limited success has emboldened them to bark louder than ever before.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Welcome Dawg, you've landed in a great place to talk some serious college football. Be cordial and you'll be treated in kind. Step out of line and expect to get your hand slapped. ;)
Didn’t you mean ‘If he gets out of line, he will be booted faster than a Whole Foods Security Guard.’

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
That's an interesting question.

I know a lot of Bama fans think Kirby has been negatively targeting the Tide during the recruiting process. The media has asked CKS many times about his recruiting approach and his response has been consistent from the beginning. He believes UGA sells itself (ranked nationally as the 13 best public university, great facilities etc., etc.), therefore he doesn't have to negatively recruit. In post commit interviews from players over the last three years that narrative seems to ring true.

Regarding the selling points to Trey, I would suspect they're as follows:

1. Early PT - Kirby plays'em young. Therefore, if Trey comes to Georgia he will play.
2. PT part II - It's anticipated Holyfield will enter the draft after this season, increasing the opportunity for early PT.
3. Zamir White - He suffered a second ACL on his other leg before the start of the season. There's a lot of uncertainty about whether he can get back to HS form.
4. OL - Pittman is building a beast of an OL, with 5*'s backing 5*'s. There's a ton of talented depth to run behind, which is very important to 5* RBs.
5. Academics - Kirby will pitch academics to Trey. "Come to UGA and get a great education."

Finally, there's the Nolan Smith factor. Smith also plays for IMG and from what I've read he's relentless recruiting guys he wants to play for Georgia. He's in both Sanders and Neal's ear. If you look at the CB's they trend toward Bama, so we'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.