2019 5* RB Trey Sanders
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

2019 5* RB Trey Sanders

I am almost positive there is already a thread on Trey but searched and could not find. Trey was committed but de-committed last year and he is trending back toward Bama with several recent CB's to Bama. Long way to go but we are definitely a big time player for Trey.

Re: 2019 5* RB Trey Sanders

Yep, told us he's coming.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

it still in the works, but hopefully it will be iron out soon but his older brother ( JUCO) looks like he will be offer a PWO ( preferred walk-on) . that latest development is the main force driving Trey back into the Bama fold. don't get me wrong, Trey was once committed to Bama and always favored Bama in his Top 3 schools, but getting his older brother to join him doesn't hurt one bit. and by no means his Umstead a bad player, he has potential to contribute in an area of need as well.
    let's hope for the best for everyone involved.

https://247sports.com/Player/Umstead-Sanders-46045744

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    it still in the works, but hopefully it will be iron out soon but his older brother ( JUCO) looks like he will be offer a PWO ( preferred walk-on) . that latest development is the main force driving Trey back into the Bama fold. don't get me wrong, Trey was once committed to Bama and always favored Bama in his Top 3 schools, but getting his older brother to join him doesn't hurt one bit. and by no means his Umstead a bad player, he has potential to contribute in an area of need as well.
    let's hope for the best for everyone involved.

https://247sports.com/Player/Umstead-Sanders-46045744
    A lot of folks here were opposed to Saban doing this for Sopsher.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    A lot of folks here were opposed to Saban doing this for Sopsher.
    Not a fan of this, but I'm not in charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2019 5* RB Trey Sanders

I donít know the difference between a preferred walk on and any other type of [edit] walk on. Perhaps someone could enlighten me. I would think there is a considerable difference between a situation where we are offering someone a walk on slot versus a scholarship.

Last edited by CraigD; June 6th, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    I don’t know the difference between a preferred walk on and any other type of wall color. Perhaps someone could enlighten me. I would think there is a considerable difference between a situation where we are offering someone a walk on slot versus a scholarship.

"In some instances, a college coach or recruiter may designate an athlete as a "preferred walk-on" during the scouting process. In this situation, the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship."

now with that said, there's a chance for his brother to get a full scholarship based on his performance and need down the line.

BamaNation All-SEC

Sounds like good news...........Sanders is a heck of an RB

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    "In some instances, a college coach or recruiter may designate an athlete as a "preferred walk-on" during the scouting process. In this situation, the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship."

now with that said, there's a chance for his brother to get a full scholarship based on his performance and need down the line.
    Don`t think for one iota of a second that our competition won`t do this in an instant for a recruit who looks to be an exceptional talent, all the while as we travel the " high road " and couch it in terms of " Not letting the inmates run the asylum ". A lot of these kids are probably athletic enough to help out on special teams while working to earn a scholarship. I`m sure CNS knows all of this.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Don`t think for one iota of a second that our competition won`t do this in an instant for a recruit who looks to be an exceptional talent, all the while as we travel the " high road " and couch it in terms of " Not letting the inmates run the asylum ". A lot of these kids are probably athletic enough to help out on special teams while working to earn a scholarship. I`m sure CNS knows all of this.
    I read that his brother had committed to Florida as a PWO, which is why he was considering them. I guess that commitment wasn't so solid.
    ĎI canít really say that youíre going to come in here and start. Youíve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.í CNS

BamaNation All-American

It’s no different than jay barkers son having a spot on the 105. I agree you don’t give a scholarship to him. Trey really wants to be at Bama. As good as our current rb stable is with trey and the guys next year watch out. Also, the number one OT next year from Ohio Paris Johnson came to Saban’s camp when he was in 6th grade. There is a pic of him now and when he was in sixth grade with Saban. I think this class and next will go all time 2017 status
    Last edited by jambama1; June 6th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

The way it sounds, I donít think Bama and Coach Saban have done anything unseemly by offering the other player as a PWO. If he is not a scholly player then offering him a scholly would be undesirable. I donít have a problem saying the other player is guaranteed a walk-on spot, though. What does that really cost and what is the harm?

BamaNation First Team

You just made me feel all goose - bumpy