Pac 12 passes 6-win rule to go bowling - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Pac 12 passes 6-win rule to go bowling

Can't believe anyone wants to go back to a way where the champion is chosen arbitrarily rather than through a playoff system. I like it better when who gets to play in the championship is decided on the field rather than a board room. Give me more playoff games, not less.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team TomFromBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    Can't believe anyone wants to go back to a way where the champion is chosen arbitrarily rather than through a playoff system. I like it better when who gets to play in the championship is decided on the field rather than a board room. Give me more playoff games, not less.
    Respectfully, friend, are you even REMOTELY familiar with the secret, closed door, "board room" system currently in use to decide who gets to "decide on the field"??????

If you are looking for any semblance of "objectivity" - Well, we HAD that with the BCS system, which was so "terrible" that it had to be abolished.

All I'm saying is that I prefer one form of "Back room deal" over another form of "Back room deal" - that's all.
    Now - That said, I realize this opinion is FAR outside the "mainstream" of fan opinion these days. It's still my opinion!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

BamaNation First Team UntouchableCrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromBama View Post
    Respectfully, friend, are you even REMOTELY familiar with the secret, closed door, "board room" system currently in use to decide who gets to "decide on the field"??????

If you are looking for any semblance of "objectivity" - Well, we HAD that with the BCS system, which was so "terrible" that it had to be abolished.

All I'm saying is that I prefer one form of "Back room deal" over another form of "Back room deal" - that's all.
    Now - That said, I realize this opinion is FAR outside the "mainstream" of fan opinion these days. It's still my opinion!
    Well the most current form of "back room deal" allowed Alabama to play for a title when they otherwise wouldn't have been able to, so I'll take it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nferences-2020

The NCAA is setting new limits on the number of bowl ties (or teams) teams each conference can have.

I have read this twice and still don't get the purpose. Parity?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    How is a playoff not arbitrary in its own right? You just said you wanted more, so at least 8 teams right? How are those eight teams chosen? What makes those games mean so much more than what occurred in the regular season? Why should teams be allowed into the playoff with two losses for instance (I'd have to do some digging but I believe 8 teams would open the door to 3 loss teams), but a single loss within the playoff means a team no longer can win a championship?

To me, the idea that one team can have three regular season losses, another team can have one loss, both of those teams being in the power 5... and we crown the former and not the latter champion seems rather arbitrary to me. The least arbitrary thing to do was to make every single game count and weigh them all against each other, not promote some to special importance.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; June 14th, 2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-myrtle-beach/

3 more bowl games approved by the NCAA. Now only 84 of the 130 FBS teams can qualify.. Myrtle Beach and Chicago, great football towns. I bet KrAzY will love this.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-myrtle-beach/

3 more bowl games approved by the NCAA. Now only 84 of the 130 FBS teams can qualify.. Myrtle Beach and Chicago, great football towns. I bet KrAzY will love this.
    What a shame. 35% of teams are excluded. How unfair and biased against losers.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

When they imposed the 85 scholarship limits, there were closer to 85 FBS programs in total...

I'm sure glad they did that, without that we'd have less crap bowls and self proclaimed national champions.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban